Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

NEMO OMEN 300 WM AR...Any experience?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2013, 05:04 PM
Bronze Member

NEMO OMEN 300 WM AR...Any experience?

I stumbled across a NEMO arms OMEN 300 win mag AR and ended up picking it up. Has anyone had any experience with one or have any load info for an AR style 22" barrel 300 win mag?
Old 04-02-2013, 05:11 PM
Platinum Member

Re: NEMO OMEN 300 WM AR...Any experience?

I'd use full-length sizing dies. That's about all I know.

And aren't those supposed to be really expensive? I know NEMO has that solid titanium AR for like $100K or something crazy like that.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 04-02-2013, 05:27 PM

I am curios as to how you like this rifle, I have been strongly considering this rifle as well as possibly selling them through our premium hunting gear store. Once you get some rounds in it please write a review as it would be greatly appreciated. If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pick up the rifle for??
Old 04-02-2013, 05:38 PM
Bronze Member

The titanium 308 is $100K for the prototype.

The OMEN which is a 300 Win Mag with two mags retails for $5700 and you have to wait until July 2014 to get one (and that was the quickest I found anyone offering one up). I bought it from an individual NIB and paid just over $6K shipped. I already had a neighbor offer me$7K for it because he is on the waiting list and paid them $3K in advance with an agreement to purchase at $6500 in April of next year.

I was able to handle one that was on display in the Sportsmans store in Kalispell (same town as they were made) and they were sold out on their allocation until the end of 2015 but had it there as a "courtesy" from the hometown manufacturer.

I am traveling back up there next week and am trying to arrange for a tour of the factory so we will see.

I will definitely write a review and get it up here or up for Len to put in the newsletter.

The guy at sportsmans got to shoot one fresh out of the crate and said it shot a 3.25" group of 5 at 1000 yards immediately after sighting it in and getting a 20 round break in group through it. True or not, I have no idea but we are about to find out.

By the way, it feels AWESOME when you get to fondle it. Definitely more solid than any armalite or colt I have handled.
Old 04-02-2013, 06:34 PM

Great now I am going to be chomping at the bit! I was offered quicker delivery if I were to sign up as a dealer. Hope it performs as well for you, I will await your review. Until then I will continue tinkering with a Les Baer 6.5 Grendel Heavy Barrel AR 15, deflate a few yotes in anticipation of getting my hands on an OMEN.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:17 PM

The one I shot was a hammer shooting military Mark 248 Mod 0 (190-grain Sierra Match Kings) and MK 248 Mod 1 (220 Match Kings).

You got yourself a nice weapon!
Old 04-04-2013, 08:22 AM
Platinum Member

There is a video floating around here of one being shot!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...4-build-83765/ - Build Thread
http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...-284-a-124876/ - Gun Pictures/Ongoing Shooting Thread