Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

Need Suggestions for Factory Ammunition

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2013, 09:58 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Need Suggestions for Factory Ammunition

Good lookin setup! I am a big fan of the AAC 762SDN-6 can. It's a very universal one for .17 to .308 caliber bullets. They build good quality stuff, too.

If I had the money, I would already have one, but other bills come first, so I will have to wait till a later day.

Unfortunately we can't hunt game animals with suppressors in Alabama, so I'm pretty sure we could still shoot squirrels, rabbits, hogs, and stuff like that with them.

I do hope to have one some day soon, but the prices are pretty high, plus the $200 tax stamp and tax means I'm up to about $1,200 for one. But I think that in the end it would be worth it.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 08-22-2013, 10:15 AM
Bronze Member

Thanks!

Checkout the silencer shop for pricing: https://www.silencershop.com/shop/aac-762-sdn-6

Dane
Old 08-22-2013, 11:48 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by md66948 View Post
My son just purchased a Remington 700 in 308, 16.5" heavy with 1 in 10 twist.

Since I just had both of my knees replaced I will not have any time to build up a good deer load for his rifle. We hunt in PA and his stand over looks a 300 yard plus view. He got a 9 point out of that stand a year ago which he dropped at over 150 yards using his 700 in 30-06.

He wants to shoot a 168 grain bullet out of his new 700. I am looking for suggestions for factory 168 grain ammunition that will perform well in his 16.5 inch barrel.

I suggested Winchester Silver Tips. Any other suggestions?

Any and All Suggestions will Greatly Be Appreciated!

Thank You,

Dane
Federal Gold Medal 165 Sierra Match Kings or Game Kings. Good brass, helluva round. My 308 eats them up when I'm not shooting handloads. Puts 'em in the same hole at 100 yards.........