Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

Need stock recommendations

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2003, 11:06 PM
Silver Member

Re: Need stock recommendations

Hey Boyd.

Do you know this guy well? If so, how about a plug for a web site. I'll consider partial trade on at least one stock.

Here are some gun sites we built in the last few months...

Dan Lilja's site www.riflebarrels.com

Mike Bryant's site www.bryantcustom.com

SWFA's Sample List www.samplelist.com

Hey! A guy has to support his habit somehow! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 02-13-2003, 05:27 AM
Silver Member

Here is a link to the site Boyd mentioned for his stock..
http://www.masterclassstocks.com/master1000/index.html

Hope this helps
Frank D
Old 02-14-2003, 01:54 AM
Platinum Member

I looked at the stocks and the A5 is real impressive. I read all the linked threads on it and it sounds like the best on yet for sure. Wonder when they will be ready.

The master 1000 is a nice one, might be the way I'll go on hers this time. I couldn't get hold of John, he was at his sons basketball game when I called. I was looking at some stats at Williamsport and he has done real well there for sure. It seems like Kelly said the A5 will be ready soon but I'm not sure I want to wait much longer than the time it would take him to build any of the others at this point. I'll call them both tomarrow and see what the scoop is on the two.

Appreciate the links guys.
Old 02-14-2003, 09:32 PM
Platinum Member

Boyd,

I been talking to John Hoover today, He's got them in stock and will ship me one next week. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] He's going to have his wife send me some pics of the colors and patterns so my wife can pick a "pretty" one. Thank God he doesn't have a pink one, she'd get it, just so I don't adopt the gun! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Thanks again.
Old 02-18-2003, 07:57 PM
Platinum Member

Brent,John and his family are all class act's.If there is one thing I hate it's seeing a Hoover sitting at a bench in my relay..You know how it feel's to get your butt kick'ed by a 14 year old girl. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] .I do!!!!!!!!!!!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] .Let me know how you make out....John will take care of you......
Old 02-19-2003, 08:03 AM
Platinum Member

That's pretty damn funny! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Believe it or not my dad is getting an aluminum stock from Brownells instead of John's only left hand Master 1000 he has on hand right now. I'm sorry, but the pistol grip spindley aluminum job doesn't look solid enough to shoot worth a damn to me. [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

I'll be giving John the shipping info for Laurie's stock in the morning, can't wait to check it out. She's getting a marbled burgandy with silver.

All you lefties, he has one marbled black with silver ready to ship!

I got the 338 Lapua brass today. $129 from Bruno's shooters supply, thanks 4mesh... Best price by far, and I checked all over the place.

The reamer and a decent neck turner get ordered tomarrow! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Now if I can figure out how to get a few pieces of brass necked down to 30 caliber without a die...