Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

Need help from those who have modified the meplat of the SMK.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-11-2007, 11:10 AM
Platinum Member
Location: The rifle range, or archery range or behind the computer in Alaska
Ok, so we have disscused the BC differences, how about the ability to expand by opening the hollow point from .020" to .040"? Any ideas there? Bear in mind I havent had any problems with expansion when I hit skull or shoulder bone just ribs and lungs. I am looking for expansion in the ribs. I know I went out yesterday and shot a steel gong at 300 meters and they sounded like they hit alot harder than normall. Maybe it was my imagination. Who knows!
Long range shooting is a process that ends with a result. Once you start to focus on the result (how bad your last shot was, how big the group is going to be, what your buck will score, what your match score is, what place you are in...) then you loose the capacity to focus on the process.