Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

Need help finding a specialty sling!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-26-2004, 05:16 PM
Re: Need help finding a specialty sling!

Hi Len,

I believe this may be the sling system you are looking for.

Unread 07-26-2004, 05:46 PM
Platinum Member

Sounds like a good idea. I have some Climb High Inc. 48" climbing sling(s) and tried the around the knees and around the torso technique...make a passable chair, very solid, very good idea and I'll test it in the field soon.

If you get a chance stop in to a climbing store and check out the climbing slings, they're about 3/4" tubular nylon webbing sewn into a loop, VERY tough. For your sling a 36" may work or make an extra loop at your knees.

Here's how I got into the seat position: place the loop on the ground, sit my buttocks into the center of the loop, (my feet stay outside the loop) and cross my ankles. Lift the loop up onto my back so it passes under my armpit. The front on the loop goes UNDER my knees and then is looped around my knees from the outside forward and toward the inside. The loop now make a path like this, from right armpit it passes on the inside of my right knee, around the front of the knee and passes under my right knee straight across to the underside of my left knee where it then loops to the front and around the knee coming on the inside of the knee to my left armpit then around my back to the right armpit. This seems to lock the knees outward so they don't flex and locks the back to the knees. It feels like I'm sitting in a chair.

Thanks Len!

P. S. That's a kinda small deer you're shooting.

Late note: I see Micheal Voight has found something like your original request.

[ 07-26-2004: Message edited by: Dave King ]
Unread 07-26-2004, 07:43 PM
Platinum Member

I don't know if you have seen them yet ,but Stoney Point makes a thing called the Quadrapod that might be worth a look. Cabelas carries them but they might be more weight/bulk than you care to fool with.

[ 07-26-2004: Message edited by: winmagman ]

[ 07-26-2004: Message edited by: winmagman ]
Ignorance can be treated with education, sadly there is no cure for stupidity.