Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

Need help with finding a custom action

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2013, 05:12 PM

Re: Need help with finding a custom action

Thanks. Does anyone have experience with the defiance deviant action? Does it fit a rem footprint stocks?
Old 04-03-2013, 05:45 PM

I went with the Bat tactical action. It's about 8 weeks out, now the wait begins! They have some small actions in stock depending on the bolt face you need if anybody else is in the market for an action. They are also getting another shipment of small actions in 4 weeks. Talked to Jaimie today, real nice people over there at wolf precision. Very helpful. Thanks you guys for all the help. Once I get everything in I will post some pictures of the build. I hate the waiting part.
Old 04-03-2013, 08:00 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCTSTALKER View Post
I went with the Bat tactical action. It's about 8 weeks out, now the wait begins! They have some small actions in stock depending on the bolt face you need if anybody else is in the market for an action. They are also getting another shipment of small actions in 4 weeks. Talked to Jaimie today, real nice people over there at wolf precision. Very helpful. Thanks you guys for all the help. Once I get everything in I will post some pictures of the build. I hate the waiting part.
You will love your BAT action......Rich
Old 04-04-2013, 10:09 PM
Bronze Member

I cant say from personal experience, but I highly doubt youll go wrong with a BAT, Borden, Defiance, Pierce, Stiller or Surgeon.

If I was having one built itd be a XHS .338 Allen Express on a BAT action by Mr Kirby Allen.

Financially wise, in reality my next rifle will be a M700 done up with custom heavy barrel, free floated, glass bedded, Mcbros A5/Manners T5/B&C Medalist the whole works chambered in .280 or .300 Sherman.