Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

Need help with finding a custom action

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2013, 02:28 AM

Need help with finding a custom action

So I finally have enough money saved for a custom rifle. I have been looking at some custom actions, but cannot decide which one to go with. I really like the BAT tactical action from Wolf Precission. I also like the Bighorn, and the Surgeon. Who has personal experience with these actions, and wich would you recommend? I really like all of the state of the art features that the Custom Shooting Technologie's TF1 action has, but its not a repeater and doesn't have a rem footprint. Does anybody make a tactical style action that has a 3 lug floating bolt head, 60 degree bolt lift, integral 20 moa rail, integral recoil lug, long action with a rem footprint? I am sure someone makes one, but I can't seem to find one searching google. Thanks for any help you can provide.
Old 03-31-2013, 08:35 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Need help with finding a custom action

I'm probably not helping at all! I do not have experience with any of the actions above, but recently had a custom built on a Pierce Engineering action. The guys there have been great to work with and even took me through their shop. I was impressed with the attention to detail. I believe they are a sponsor here as well (I see their banner ads from time to time). Anyway, based on my personal experience I have no concerns in recommending them. Maybe worth a look/call as you move forward.

Have fun with your build!
Old 03-31-2013, 11:37 AM
Platinum Member

I have a BAT HR with a 20 moa integral rail and I absolutely love it! The BAT guys live about two miles from me and I can attest that they do very good work. My rifle shoots bugholes and is the most accurate rifle I have ever owned.......Rich
Old 03-31-2013, 09:50 PM
Silver Member

I personally like the Borden actions...my custom McWhorter is built on a Borden action and it is really smooth with great tolerances. They really are phenomenal actions.

Mac
Old 03-31-2013, 11:59 PM

Thanks guys. I really like the looks of that BAT tactical action, if the wait isn't that long I'm going to order one.
Old 04-01-2013, 08:27 AM
Platinum Member

Bruno has BAT VR and HR actions in stock.
Old 04-01-2013, 04:53 PM
Silver Member

I talked to the owner of Wolf precision last week. He said it will take a year to get one of his rifles built on a BAT action.......just sayin...