Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

View Poll Results: What is going to happen if we don't help out?
The Navy will miss and screw up the lunar eclipse 2 16.67%
Spin Drift is not operative in space so goodbye Mars 3 25.00%
Useing CCI Benchrest primers will cause a hangfire and Dave will be embarrassed 4 33.33%
The Navy should just "Get Closer". 3 25.00%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Navy ???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2008, 02:27 PM
Platinum Member

We had a couple astronauts here at work a couple weeks ago when this problem first came up. I generaly get to talk to these guys when the show up and tour the facility , this topic came up and their question was why doesen't the next shuttle mission (landed today) do something about it , they new of the trouble before the last launch so they could have made the proper provisions.

Like Dave said its gonna get damn hot as it starts its re-entry but its also gonna be traveling about 15,000-25,000 mph !!! thats gonna make for a little bit of trouble leading it. With all the cool stuff that the government has let us know about some of which can do this job I'm sure that they have something still classified that will do the job effectivley.

the current presidential cantidate selection realy scares me , maybe we should shoot all of them up their and start with a new batch.
Old 02-20-2008, 04:14 PM
Silver Member

A very scientific study was recently conducted here on LRH which determined that the majority of participants (69.86%) figured slingshots should be legalized for hunting Brown Bear. Considering the expertise of the regular crowd, I now feel confident in pursuing The Great Brown Bruin, armed with nothing more than some surgical tubing, a forked stick, and a round ball of lead.

Figuring that a satellite does not possess the tenacity and fierce aggressiveness of the Brown Bear, my confidence is at it's peak right now having just dusted off the slingshot I acquired in my grade-school days. Should the satellite spy my quiet neck of the woods as desirable to light upon, I will do us all a favor and let 'er have it. If my deductive reasoning serves me well, the probability of success is high.

It's the least I can do for mankind...wish me luck.
Old 02-20-2008, 05:55 PM
Platinum Member

Brain

Quote: ..armed with nothing more than some surgical tubing, a forked stick, and a round ball of lead.

Can't..... use...... lead....., toxic..... to..... carbon... based.... lifeforms.... Try plumbum instead, much less trouble and not generally restricted by name.

P. S. Good Luck! (and remember to take pictures)
Old 02-25-2008, 08:29 PM
Platinum Member

Yea, but only way that will work is if the satellite is in a "left" orbit.

BH
Old 02-25-2008, 11:40 PM

Looks like the Navy pulled it off after all. You will notice that the guy in charge was a Marine... Just thought i would point that out.