Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

My Grandfathers Cartridge Collection

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2003, 12:13 PM
Platinum Member

My Grandfathers Cartridge Collection

I posted this at Accurate Reloading, thought some of you might like these pics too.
A collection of many cartridges he collected over his life after comeing back from the war. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

He won "best non-gun" the two times he displayed them publically at gun shows here. Not sure how his compares with other collections around the world but he does it for a hobbie and enjoys it.

Anyone that wants to contribute a dummy cartridge and info about it he may not have can email me and I'll see if it's one he has already and get back with you. Wildcats, bigbores, military... he would love anything he doesn't have currently. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

My Grandmother just passed away recently, and getting a cartridge or two in the mail from someone he's never met is just something else I thought would help lift his spirit some more. I am not telling him about this here. He'll just wonder where they came from. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Thanks for any responses guys. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-20-2003, 01:55 PM
Silver Member

Re: My Grandfathers Cartridge Collection

i'm guessing if we have it, he does too. how about a list of ones he DOESNT have? any in perticular he's looking for? that might be a little easier.

-brian
Old 05-21-2003, 03:50 AM
Platinum Member

Mountain Man,
I hear where you're comming from, really. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]I wish I could tell you how many he doesn't have but, believe me, there are a freaking whole bunch of cartridges out there most people would never even believe existed... he's got a bunch of em too. Some of the most recent additions were my 416wby a few years back, the Ultra mags he still hadn't picked up, my dads 6.5wsm, the Lazzeroni line of cartridges, 338/416 Rigby Imp.,338/378wby... as you can see, most of the ones he's recently attained we'd think he would have already had, for a while anyway. Alot of it is, the right person at the right time, with the right cartridge, otherwise it can take a while.

Again, I wish I had a list of what he didn't have, he does have one of what he "does" have though. Putting together a "missing" list would likely be very, very dificult.

I figured if someone had something a little different, which he might not have, they'd just email me and I'd go look and see. I already have several to go check on in just one day. [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] A couple cartridges in the mail would just make him pretty joyfull right now, he already has a giant collection he's pretty happy with. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-24-2003, 01:47 PM
Platinum Member

Mountain Man and everyone else who have emailed me with cartridge contributions;

I didn't figure close up pictures, so you could read the cartridge names on them were too feasable, there would just have to be way too many... at least I'm guessing anyway. I may try it to see how they show up after uploading some of them on Image Station.

I did get a complete list of all the cartridges in his collection that I'll post on Image Station. The list is 21 pages long but, I'll post a link to them when they're finished uploading. I'll email a link to all you gents that have sent me emails too.

Here's the link to the album that contains the list of cartridges he does have.
http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4290088113

Thanks so much. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

[ 05-24-2003: Message edited by: Brent ]