Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

My Custom Paint Job . . .

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2013, 10:39 PM
Silver Member

Re: My Custom Paint Job . . .

That's actually pretty f'n awesome. I wish I had the patience for that. Great job.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:40 PM
Bronze Member

AAAAAAND with my new scope. My Wife ROCKS . . . the Rifle was my graduation present from BSU, the Vortex Viper 6.5-20x50 is my Christmas Present.

Since the Black Scope doesn't match the SS Barrel, I'm going to paint the scope sometime this spring to match the stock . . . as soon as I'm ready to swap out the 7RUM barrel for the 300RUM barrel that my in-laws bought me for Christmas . . . I'm a LUCKY DUDE!!!!
Attached Thumbnails - Click to View Larger
My Custom Paint Job . . .-finished.jpg  
Old 01-02-2013, 10:52 PM
Bronze Member

Thanks Hulk . . . patience is an understatement, but it's all relative. How many hours and hours and hours have you spent loading different combinations and pouring through load books to develop the jackpot round at the end of the rainbow?
Old 01-03-2013, 12:01 AM
Platinum Member

A camo pattern on top of a camo pattern, very sneaky. You have to look through the camo to see the camo. Reminds me of advise a Sniper School instructor gave me while conducting a stalking exercise, "Try to be in a bush, behind a bush, in front of a bush."

And just think, after all that effort it'll probably work almost as well as the "hideous" original paint. I'm just playing.

The people trying to say the 2nd Amendment is outdated are probably the same folks that would say the same thing about the Bible.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:08 AM
Bronze Member

Very True Bravo 4 . . . all that work is for naught . . . because I have every intention of waving that shiny SS barrel around in the sun while sneaking up on critters.

:-)

Oh well, I did it for looks, I must admit. I'm of the opinion that camoflauge is only truly necessary for 3 instances . . . shooting Turkeys, Coyotes and Two-leggeds in a Theater of War.

Same for the scope, none of it makes me a better hunter or shooter, but it'l give me the warm fuzzy's.