Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

Muzzle Break...Radial Baffle or APS painkiller??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2010, 05:02 AM
Bronze Member

Re: Muzzle Break...Radial Baffle or APS painkiller??

I have Holand's QD on my 7/300 Wby and love it. If he will really put it on while you wait, that would be great. I would give anything to sit and pick his brain in his shop for awhile.

I have no experience with the PK, but have only heard good things about it.

Colby
Old 12-23-2010, 09:39 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Muzzle Break...Radial Baffle or APS painkiller??

Before we started fitting our own I had Darrell install several while I waited. I would have loved to pick his brain too but that is not happening. If you attemp to step towards the perceived shop area you will be invited to wait off the property. Customers are usually contained to their rig in his parking area. If it's raining you might be invited to the carport for a second while you pay. Best bring a good book or plan on taking a 2 hour nap in your rig. There won't be much chattin going on. If you want to talk to him the best bet would be to sign up for a class. Once in awhile if the planets are aligned just right he might sit a minute with you on the porch and talk about hunting or rifle build ideas. Sometimes he just disappears and you deal with his wife. She is very knowledgable as well. As much as shipping rifles cost it is still worth the trip.

Only accurate rifles are interesting.

Gordy and Brady.