Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

Muzzle Brakes with angled ports?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2005, 02:31 PM
Silver Member

Re: Muzzle Brakes with angled ports?

S1 at AR Tactical also makes an excellent muzzle brake. He has 2 or 3 different designs and they work very well. I can email you a picture of the brake, I am unable to post the picture. Some of the other brakes work nicely as well, but his is a high end product.

Email me if you would like to see PICS of the brake.

Frank D

demarpaint (at) aol.com
Old 11-01-2005, 08:08 PM
daveosok

Here's a picture of a muzzle break I cut on the wire edm. [image][/image]
The pop can is for size comparison. Very effective gun does not have recoil pad on it. Wire edming is by no ways economical but I just happen to have one at work. I think it took around 6 to 8 hours burn time. The interior is tapered big at the muzzle to small at the muzzle break end allowing gases to expand somwhat.
The angled "fish gills" are 5 degrees for the first set at the barrel muzzle end, then 10 degrees and finally 15 degrees.
As you may see the left side is a tad bit bigger. The wire broke on the wire edm and it will rethread itself and I wasnt their to watch it. What had happened was one of the slugs pinched the wire and moved the fixture and muzzle break and when it rethreaded it cut a tad bit bigger. I aint to worried about it this rifle has shot 1 inch groups at 300 yards.
Old 11-03-2005, 01:06 AM

+1 on what Demarpaint said, I think S1 has about 8 different designs. Mine has some anlged ports, you gotta see the quality of the machine work to believe it, the pics just don't do it justice. Here is a link with at least 6 custom designs:

http://artactical.com/groupee/forums...5/m/8271003561