Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

Muzzle Brakes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2009, 10:13 PM

Muzzle Brakes

I am new here so if has been covered I cant find it so I will ask? Has anyone here ever tried out this muzzle brake or compensator as he calls it. The VA-Compensator from http://www.bp-tec.com ? I have just put one on a Browning A-Bolt and one on a Browning H-Bar and was wondering if any others had tried them to see their thoughts on them. The A-Bar is brand new and the H-Bar is new to me.
When I went to range yesterday, didnít have a lot of time but did get a hour in. I am going to have to go by my feeling (since I have no facts). I feel that the compensators did eliminate the muzzle flip I would say they fell very neutral. I can not tell any difference in noise or pressure to me right behind them but I would like to have a nay Sayers to go with me one of these times to get their opinion.
As far as recoil he was saying 39% recoil reduction and I would have to say it doesnít live up to that (understand I am just going off of my feelings) if I put a number to it I would say between 25% to maybe 30%. I had shot them both 2 wks ago with out them. I should spend more time and try them with them off then screw on again.

The browning A bolt was shooting very well at 100 yard, decent trigger pull but could be better, but the H Bar has problemís (rear scope mount broke that mite explain my 8 foot groupings). And the trigger pull is crap.
Thanks Del

Old 07-19-2009, 10:22 PM

Re: Muzzle Brakes

Sorry both are 7mm mags Thanks Del