Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

Muzzle brakes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-08-2006, 12:42 AM
Platinum Member
Re: Muzzle brakes

Well for those that dont know, im the youngest man around here. 20 years old to be exact. I dont claim to know everything, but I read everything on this site 2-3 times a day for the last 3 years, so I know quite a bit more then your average 20 year old kid. I was just telling you waht I've read and heard from others experience with a vais when shooting prone. I was going to go with a vais, but when told this information, decided to go with something else. I dont want my MK4 glass getting scratched or dinged up by sand or little rocks.

Unread 03-08-2006, 05:18 PM
Bronze Member

I suppose if all you do is shoot at targets with your muzzle braked rifle, that is fine and dandy. I know I sure don't want to be near you when the report is sounded. I also don't need to worry about losing anymore of my hearing.

I don't want to be in bear country or a country like Africa and being trying to stick ear plugs in my ears, when I need to shoot. I tried that wearing ear plugs for half a day once and got a headache pluse and ear ache.

No sir! I don't shoot muzzle brakes on my hunting rifles. I may resort to a recoil pad, which I believe is better from the hunters stand point but NO BRAKES on the rifle. I shoot a .375 Weatherby and a .458-Lott with no muzzle brakes. The guide or PH will be high fives after the hunt and be able to hear you as well. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Unread 03-08-2006, 08:24 PM
Silver Member

I hate to be a bugger [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] but this is the best muzzle brake made IMHO. No ears needed, recoil lessened by 30% or so.

Beware the fury of a patient man....

Be kind to your neighbors... shoot quietly..
Unread 03-09-2006, 10:15 AM
Platinum Member

I hate to be a bugger [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] but this is the best muzzle brake made IMHO. No ears needed, recoil lessened by 30% or so.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are correct sir [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] ...

Check it Out!!--> Shoot the Smack The Smiley Match...and help