Long Range Hunting Online Magazine


Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics


Reply

More rifle info

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #8  
Old 03-04-2009, 06:16 PM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Somewhere in Kansas
Posts: 247
Re: More rifle info

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate-lab View Post
i think i have a paper about that gun at home i will have to see if i can find it
why didn't you tell me this when i showed you the gun when i got it?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-04-2009, 06:19 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Blackfoot, Idaho
Posts: 8,058
Re: More rifle info

Let us know what you learn.

It may be a gun turned out by some kind of gunsmith school????

It may be one of those antique road show finds..........
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-04-2009, 06:26 PM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Somewhere in Kansas
Posts: 247
Re: More rifle info

Quote:
Originally Posted by royinidaho View Post
Let us know what you learn.

It may be a gun turned out by some kind of gunsmith school????

It may be one of those antique road show finds..........
I don't know if was from a gunsmith school they did a dang good job. I hope someone will know!
Thanks though.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-04-2009, 06:28 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Blackfoot, Idaho
Posts: 8,058
Re: More rifle info

Ok, now things are making more sense.

It's a gunthat some one used to learn or to demonstrate the abilityto do fancy work. I'd say it's quite a piece. If it could be documented to the point where the craftsman/men were identified and they become collectible, which they may already be, it is a real find.

1 of 25, where are the other 25. A search and acquire would be a good collector's thing. Then when ya got'em all........who knows.

I'd put that thing in a glass case and milk it for all glory possible with friends and neighbors then when the Antiques Road Show comes by your town you could see if you make to a TV spot.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-04-2009, 06:36 PM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Somewhere in Kansas
Posts: 247
Re: More rifle info

Quote:
Originally Posted by royinidaho View Post
Ok, now things are making more sense.

It's a gunthat some one used to learn or to demonstrate the abilityto do fancy work. I'd say it's quite a piece. If it could be documented to the point where the craftsman/men were identified and they become collectible, which they may already be, it is a real find.

1 of 25, where are the other 25. A search and acquire would be a good collector's thing. Then when ya got'em all........who knows.

I'd put that thing in a glass case and milk it for all glory possible with friends and neighbors then when the Antiques Road Show comes by your town you could see if you make to a TV spot.
As far as trying to track them down ive been trying to find someone that has one that knows more and no luck:( as far as puting it in a glass case only if is has more security than my gun cabnet!)
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-04-2009, 11:25 PM
Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Mcpherson, Kansas
Posts: 84
Re: More rifle info

what do you what to know about it i found the paper
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-05-2009, 09:58 AM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Somewhere in Kansas
Posts: 247
Re: More rifle info

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate-lab View Post
what do you what to know about it i found the paper
how it was origenally offered price who made it you know the works!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads for: More rifle info
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Custom Rifle Build Need Some Info luwelder798 Long Range Hunting & Shooting 18 11-12-2009 12:44 PM
Loading 223 handi rifle info/help dave1 Reloading 2 04-22-2009 10:27 PM
Just got an 25 06 rifle built .need load Info redbone Reloading 7 08-09-2007 09:54 PM
Accurate - Magnum Rifle Powder - any info Freebore Reloading 0 10-07-2005 09:28 AM
New LRH Rifle Build Info & Help kwanjangnihm The Basics, Starting Out 11 07-29-2005 05:15 AM

Current Poll
Do you plan to buy a new custom rifle in the next 12 months?
YES - Of course - 72.94%
1,652 Vote
NO - wife/girlfriend won't let me. - 27.06%
613 Votes
Total Votes: 2,265
You may not vote on this poll.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Management Powered by vBadvanced CMPS
All content ©2010-2014 Long Range Hunting, LLC