Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

Montana rifleman

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2004, 11:19 AM
Silver Member

Montana rifleman

anyone ever deal with them /new barrel. with Montanarifleman . thanks Jim
Old 12-28-2004, 11:32 AM

Re: Montana rifleman

Jim-

I have purchased a total of three rifle actions from them and have another action on order. Based on my experiences with them, they have always done what they said they would do. Like alot of other companies, their timing may not always be the same as originally committed but, I always try and factor that into a project. I had a .300 WSM built on one of their actions and I really like it.

I have never used their barrels but, I have not heard any bad things about them. My personal feelings are if your are purchasing something out of inventory, so to speak, you will be fine. Montana Rifleman received a lot of criticism when they were trying to roll out their left handed actions as there were quite a few unanticipated delays. I believe that they have their supply chain and production on their actions on track. During this process, I get the feeling that their production of barrels was fine.

Good luck!
Old 12-28-2004, 01:15 PM
Silver Member

Re: Montana rifleman

Thanks for the info. i want to have a 20in. SS flutted barrel 5 contour put on my Weatherby Fiberguard . and they seem to be on the up and up . the reason for the 20 in. were i hunt in wisconsin the shots might be 100 yard at most . im looking to buy some land back there when i hang it up.

any way thanks again Jim