Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

Montana Rifle Company

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2013, 04:58 PM

Montana Rifle Company

I've seen some older posts as to quality and accuracy. Anyone have new info or opinions to offer? I've been shown a good price, don't know if it's a good idea.
Old 07-05-2013, 04:53 PM
Bronze Member

Re: Montana Rifle Company

I had an xwr-ss on order earlier this year and my experience was not pleasant to say the least. Barrel was stamped with the wrong caliber and the magazine latch did not function. I was so disappointed that I returned the rifle and ordered a Cooper (which is still on order). I can't speak for their accuracy as they do not have a guarantee. I am not saying a gun manuf needs a guarantee, but it definitely increases consumer confidence. I am sure they have many satisfied customers, but I will never purchase any of their rifles. Just my experience with them. If you like the rifle, go for it.
Old 07-06-2013, 10:51 AM
Silver Member

Re: Montana Rifle Company

I have built three rifles on the Montana 1999 action. Two builds required lots of work to make them work. One required significant problem corrections. If I had not promised the delivery I would have returned it for a. Refund. The other had issues with shroud and safety timing. The belted magnum action required I order a longer magazine box at my cost. I would not recommend them.
Nat Lambeth