Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

Microlon Gun Juice

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2009, 04:46 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Microlon Gun Juice

You guys who have treated your barrels with gun Juice... do you still use a copper remover when cleaning your bore?

Old 05-16-2009, 10:18 PM
Official LRH SPONSOR

It cost 9 bucks........ Just buy it and try it for yourself, that's really the only way you will know if it works in your rifle. If $9 is going to break the bank you are in the wrong sport
Old 05-17-2009, 12:03 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikka Lover View Post
It cost 9 bucks........ Just buy it and try it for yourself, that's really the only way you will know if it works in your rifle. If $9 is going to break the bank you are in the wrong sport
I'm not worried about the $9, just want to know what the cleaning process is once your barrel is treated as far as removing powder and especially copper. I might be misunderstanding, but is looks to me like Long Ranger is using this stuff only to clean with and he also said that it is not a copper remover.
Old 05-17-2009, 02:09 AM
Platinum Member

I'm not using Gun Juice to clean my bore. I use KG products, KG-1 for carbon and KG-12 for copper. I will use WipeOut if I can leave the gun sit overnight or for several hours with the WipeOut foam in the bore.

No need to use brass brushes - in fact I would not use a brass brush after doing the Gun Juice bore treatment. No sense in scratching the stuff out after it's been baked onto the bore. I wouldn't use JB bore paste either. After treating with Gun Juice, I'd be surprised if you can't just patch the carbon and copper fouling away using KG products or Bore Tech Eliminator bore cleaners.
Old 05-17-2009, 02:47 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phorwath View Post
I'm not using Gun Juice to clean my bore. I use KG products, KG-1 for carbon and KG-12 for copper. I will use WipeOut if I can leave the gun sit overnight or for several hours with the WipeOut foam in the bore.

No need to use brass brushes - in fact I would not use a brass brush after doing the Gun Juice bore treatment. No sense in scratching the stuff out after it's been baked onto the bore. I wouldn't use JB bore paste either. After treating with Gun Juice, I'd be surprised if you can't just patch the carbon and copper fouling away using KG products or Bore Tech Eliminator bore cleaners.
I have not tried it yet, but it's one of those things that's in my mind after read about. I fully agree with your recommendations and I'll just be using patches wet with whatever... It is said that to remove the coating you either have to sand blast it or heat the barrel up to 700 degrees. By just using patches we should be in business.

-----------------------------
HEBREWS 13:8
Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Our Lord Jesus said that as it was in the days of Noah and
also as it was in the days of Lot so it shall be in the days...
It's happening again!!! God sent to us His prophet, and His Word
to this generation and we once more are rejecting it as was prophesied!!!

---> As promised, God Sent His Prophet to us!
Old 05-18-2009, 02:25 PM

I have used it and it works as advertised ( who 'd a thunk it). I was a total skeptic. Used it and grouping was a lot better. One caveat when you use it they are right the scope/sights need to be readjusted. Cleaning , well that was a total shock it went fast and at first I did not believe it.
Jay
Old 05-19-2009, 10:33 AM

Agree with jayrando....it works!

And he's right-it does require a re-zero,because POI rises after recommended application.

I was pretty skeptical....but plunked down $30 for a 4 oz. can.Several guys had told me it was a great product - and they all shoot more than I do.

But here's another use: coating the inside of sizing dies.Definitely reduces friction.

I cleaned mine with acetone;let dry.

Apply Microlon Gun Juice; let dry overnite.

Repeated the Gun Juice over 3 nites,on a set of my oldest dies.

It's a definite difference you can feel.

----Gnarly