Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

Microlon Gun Juice

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2009, 08:08 PM
Silver Member

Microlon Gun Juice

Anybody here use it?

Rumor has it that it reduces fouling/cleaning time and helps barrels last longer...At least that is what I heard.

Just curious.

Until someone says otherwise I will be sticking with wipeout.

Thanks in advance!
Old 01-30-2009, 09:34 PM
Bronze Member

Re: Microlon Gun Juice

gun juice what is it?

.................................................. .....................
I'd rather be hunting with Uncle Ted!
Backstrap fever!
Old 01-30-2009, 10:41 PM
Platinum Member

.338 Lapua ackley

Page 6-8

"And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God?" Thomas Jefferson - Notes on the State of Virginia

www.wildsidesystems.com - Shelter for Your WildSide - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYwgo...&feature=g-upl
Old 01-30-2009, 10:45 PM
Platinum Member

anything between the 338 Edge and the 338 AM?

long ranger ('smith in Canada) and Fifty talk a bit about the 338 LAI and the topic spills over into Gun Juice with a picture or two. Interesting...

"And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God?" Thomas Jefferson - Notes on the State of Virginia

www.wildsidesystems.com - Shelter for Your WildSide - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYwgo...&feature=g-upl
Old 02-01-2009, 02:47 AM

Snakeoil.

Yes I have tried it.

There have been a few outlandish claims about this product.

If it sounds too good to be true........................
Old 02-01-2009, 10:51 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyW View Post
Snakeoil.

Yes I have tried it.

There have been a few outlandish claims about this product.

If it sounds too good to be true........................

I don't see the product itself making claims that are very impressive at all. The wording doesn't seem outlandish. Who knows how well it works. What was your experience?

long ranger (Alberta Tactical Rifle) seems to have quite a track record of very good results with it. I'd be curious to hear others experience as I just bought some to try out. I've got a test in mind for it with a high round count 300RUM. I'll post back when I get a chance to finally shoot it over the chrono while applying the stuff.

Old 04-20-2009, 04:18 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-man View Post
Anybody here use it?

Rumor has it that it reduces fouling/cleaning time

Thanks in advance!
I've applied it to four of my rifles over the past two weeks. So far I can confirm that it substantially reduces copper fouling and barrel cleaning time/effort. The stuff is laying down a coating on the surface of the rifle bore. It's rather time consuming to apply because you have to clean out all copper/carbon fouling before initial treatment, and again after each shot for ~20 additional shots in stainless barrels. If you don't clean well before treatment, you'll cover the copper and carbon fouling with the resin rather than laying the resin down directly on top of the bore itself.

I'll be chronographing again in the near future and I'll then learn if the Gun Juice has resulted in any changes in MV.

Whether or not it improves throat life, I may never learn, because I don't shoot enough to shoot the throats out of my barrels - generally speaking. On the other hand I recently purchased a 25 RUM and that's one of the barrels I treated with Gun Juice. If there was ever a fire-breathing, throat-burning cartridge, this might be it.