Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

MGM Barrels???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2009, 10:08 PM
Bronze Member

MGM Barrels???

Does anyone know what kinda price I could expect to pay for a new MGM Encore pistol barrel? Im looking to get into an encore pistol and was told to check out MGM for an aftermarket barrel, does anyone have any experience with this company or any other custom barrel company that would build a barrel for an encore pistol??? Im not exactly looking for the best because chances are I cant afford the best, but would like the best for my money.
Old 01-31-2009, 11:05 PM
Silver Member

Re: MGM Barrels???

MGM makes great barrels. All of mine are shooter for sure. You will have a hard time doing any better at any price. Link to the MGM website below

http://www.matchgrademachine.com/gunshop/home.php
Old 02-01-2009, 01:12 AM
SPONSOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmeier1981 View Post
Does anyone know what kinda price I could expect to pay for a new MGM Encore pistol barrel? Im looking to get into an encore pistol and was told to check out MGM for an aftermarket barrel, does anyone have any experience with this company or any other custom barrel company that would build a barrel for an encore pistol??? Im not exactly looking for the best because chances are I cant afford the best, but would like the best for my money.
A 15" 7mm-08 Stainless steel barrel (Shilen Select match) $375 if I have it right from the website.

Call and talk to them first
Old 02-01-2009, 03:34 AM
Bronze Member

Geez Ernie your the man you just seem to have all the answers!!!
Old 02-01-2009, 09:54 AM
SPONSOR

No, I just went to the website
Old 02-02-2009, 05:15 AM

G'day from downunder .

G'day , MGM make the best barrels you can get , they are great to deal with .

I bought my first and was really pleased with the barrel , great finish and puts them in one big hole ( if the old bloke does his job , me ) and you could not find better folks to deal with , just give Shelsie a ring on the blower ( phone ) and she will see you right .

I must warn you of one thing though , when you get your first it wont be your last , I have 12 now ( contender & encore ) with no 13 in the works now , it will make my Rampro something extra special .

Regards Paul .

real aussie men eat vegemite everyday
Old 02-02-2009, 11:29 AM
Bronze Member

Ok I checked the website also and noticed that all the pistol barrel lenghts were the same price up to 14" but then the 15" was an extra $50. So why would that be? Is that extra inch important or should a guy just save the $50 and go with a 14"