Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

meplat uniformer....99cents

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2005, 12:08 AM
Platinum Member

Re: meplat uniformer....99cents

Yes you did send me that email on the ladder test. I still haven't ordered any wildcat bullets but when I do I will be working up my load this way. Im hoping to see your target so I have some idea as to how obvious the resonant groupings are. I would bet that you do your test before I get around to ordering my bullets so take your time.
Old 03-27-2005, 05:06 PM
Platinum Member

Abinok,and I thought 26400 was molasses! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]Yes, you did mention monitor rifles but my search did'nt find any thing on them .Are they sold through a dealer or the individual?BTW ,what does satellite internet cost out there?
Old 03-27-2005, 05:26 PM
Gold Member

Jimm,
Throw kevin a email at
montourcountyrifles@msn.com
I think if you look at the spelling of the address you will see the problem...
Its a nice tool, he has pics if you ask.
Im not sure what sat. internet costs out here, but thats an option now that we have dish network...
ive got 26400 now, ill convert the pics to jpg and wait for the fast connection. Sometimes at night ill get 31400.... and its time to load pics.
As bad as the sloooow internet connection is, ive got a 400 yd range 100yds north of the house to offset it a bit...
Gotta go rezero in a few... having coyote problems again... anybody know what a 110VMax at 3700fps does to a coyote? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Should be a DRT situation... haven't shot one with the 110 VMax yet, should know shortly.
Old 03-28-2005, 04:29 PM
Platinum Member

Abinok ,The range is more than enough compensation [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]One thing I do after Iload my digital pix is open the hpdirector(for photos )and resize them down to about 5x7.then they load a lot faster.I dont know about a coyote but on fox its abit nasty [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-10-2005, 12:34 PM
Silver Member

epoxy release agent

4ked Horn writes: [ QUOTE ]
<font color="red"> epoxy, I prefer JB Quick, a faster setting version of JB weld. A grease or other substance that will function as a release agent for your epoxy.
Tape, electrical, or masking.
</font>

[/ QUOTE ]
Should I just use white lithium grease, Crisco or is there a commercial release agent?

abinok writes in another thread: [ QUOTE ]
<font color="red"> with a thin layer of grease, or bedding release agent, add your weight and epoxy and let it cure. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Jerry Teo writes in another thread: [ QUOTE ]
<font color="red"> Use a good release agent like <font color="blue"> PVA. </font>
</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

If I'm making my own pre-CANT (MOA) rails with shims (and using epoxy to get a custom fit - can I use saran wrap or AL foil? I'll re-drill the holes so they are 90 deg to the CANTed rail.
Old 04-10-2005, 07:37 PM
Gold Member

Re: epoxy release agent

b1g_bore,
I think both of those first two qoutes are mine [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Litium will work ok, and im betting crisco will work with most epoxies as well. I usually use proshot pro gold grease, its the same grease I use on my locking lugs. There are a number of commercial release agents. Midway and brownells are great sources.

[ QUOTE ]
can I use saran wrap or AL foil?

[/ QUOTE ]
If you want to use something like that, id lean towards wax paper... youre probably not going to be able to remove all the saran wrap, and the al foil, if the epoxy don't stick, is gonna be awfully thick. Grease or a commercial release agent has given me the best results. The ken farrel base on my 300WM was epoxy bedded with JB weld, and the progold grease was used as a release agent. I don't think there is any way to get a better fit.
The progold is pretty thick (high viscosity) and as I mentioned makes a great locking lug grease. Its about $4 for 4oz if you can find it locally. Good stuff.
Old 04-14-2005, 01:53 PM
Bronze Member

Anyone know if Kevin is still in business or is he hard to get in touch with? I have e-mailed him several times at montourcountyrifles@msn.com with no success. Thanks.