Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

McMillian Stocks?!?!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2013, 02:36 PM
Platinum Member

Re: McMillian Stocks?!?!

I had better luck in dealing with their customer service than others. I'm in agreement with those that haven't, a more realistic approach to wait times should be standard, and good customer service over the phone should be a constant, not an exception. Nobody should be wondering in August, if a stock promised in March will be in hand for an October hunt.I was mostly commenting on the state of the entire industry. The last brick of .22 ammo I saw was months ago, empty shelves at retailers, out of stock for online dealers, etc.. A pretty sorry state of affairs all the way around.
Old 09-10-2013, 02:53 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edd View Post
I read on another website that McMillan Stock Company is not changing ownership.
It has been sold..I was at there place two weeks ago.
Old 09-10-2013, 03:02 PM
Silver Member

You know what, after re-reading what you said...
It's the customer service part that I totally agree with. I am in a service based industry. If I tell a guy his job will be done on Friday, I better have it done or I might not see his work again.
So yeah, I guess I wasn't in much of a time constraint. But, if I had been promised in "x" months, I would expect it then too.
Carry on.
Old 09-10-2013, 03:19 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARPERC View Post
I had better luck in dealing with their customer service than others. I'm in agreement with those that haven't, a more realistic approach to wait times should be standard, and good customer service over the phone should be a constant, not an exception. Nobody should be wondering in August, if a stock promised in March will be in hand for an October hunt.I was mostly commenting on the state of the entire industry. The last brick of .22 ammo I saw was months ago, empty shelves at retailers, out of stock for online dealers, etc.. A pretty sorry state of affairs all the way around.
Agreed!!!
Old 09-10-2013, 07:19 PM
Silver Member

so how is it that some guys in this thread ordered stocks in feb and still don't have them yet other guys have gotten stocks ordered in march?

I understand that painted stocks take longer and that may be the case there. McMillian did tell me that they were working on painted stock orders from jan so that would make sense.

I have not ordered a different stock yet as I am still hoping that this one does ship this week.

thanks for the input everyone, I cant remember the exact day that I ordered mine but I know it was 1-2 week of march because it was around my birthday. I just never thought that I would still be waiting on it in sept when I was told the first of aug for delivery
Savage LRH 6.5x284
Old 09-10-2013, 09:09 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cummin_un_glued View Post
so how is it that some guys in this thread ordered stocks in feb and still don't have them yet other guys have gotten stocks ordered in march?

I understand that painted stocks take longer and that may be the case there. McMillian did tell me that they were working on painted stock orders from jan so that would make sense.

I have not ordered a different stock yet as I am still hoping that this one does ship this week.

thanks for the input everyone, I cant remember the exact day that I ordered mine but I know it was 1-2 week of march because it was around my birthday. I just never thought that I would still be waiting on it in sept when I was told the first of aug for delivery
I'm still in your corner!!! Praying for ya!!!
Old 09-12-2013, 10:03 PM
Silver Member

well Thursday came and went and no call from McMillian so i'm going to guess that they are going to yet again miss the shipping date
Savage LRH 6.5x284