Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

McMillian Stocks?!?!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2013, 11:46 PM
Platinum Member

Re: McMillian Stocks?!?!

I read on another website that McMillan Stock Company is not changing ownership.
Old 09-10-2013, 01:08 PM
Silver Member

I received a Mcm stock last week that I ordered in early March. Came in perfect. I'm happy, took longer than quoted but the same thing happens with other parts in rifle builds.
Old 09-10-2013, 01:30 PM
Silver Member

I ordered one on 1/25/13.
Received on 8/1/2013.
So basically 6 months, but it's kick ass.
My advice, try to order without guidelines concerning hunt dates. Something inherently always goes wrong.
Good luck on your hunt.
Old 09-10-2013, 01:52 PM
Platinum Member

I ordered mine about February, got here July. Great stock, the one it replaces I've had for 25 years. It's coming off my rifle, and a friend is putting it on his spare .338. Its the most durable stock we've had. The wait times in the industry as a whole suck. Its got to be a challenge keeping the quality up, and the output high enough to satisfy the demand. I don't know anything about high finance, but I know Mcmillan was front and center in the credit battle many firearms related businesses have experienced. Tough to grow while being strangled financially. Admittedly if 6-8 months is what it takes, that should be upfront.
Old 09-10-2013, 01:54 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time Killer View Post
I ordered one on 1/25/13.
Received on 8/1/2013.
So basically 6 months, but it's kick ass.
My advice, try to order without guidelines concerning hunt dates. Something inherently always goes wrong.
Good luck on your hunt.
I can kinda agree with what you are saying, time lines etc! However when a person calls customer service an (1) can't get pased the operator(2) finally gets to talk to someone that's supposed to know what's goin on an they have to search for his stock because they don't know where it is(3) tells the man that they will call him back,an dont(4) they keep pushing the time that they told him, kinda makes the company an their customer service look kinda bad!!! No! Real Bad!!! After all of that BS, I can't blame the man for goin another route!!! I would!( but that's me) there are other good stock makers an distributors around that provide one to two day shipping an give honest answers an feed back!! Why can't McMillan do that!!?? Sorry for the rant, OP!!

DT
Old 09-10-2013, 02:10 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARPERC View Post
I ordered mine about February, got here July. Great stock, the one it replaces I've had for 25 years. It's coming off my rifle, and a friend is putting it on his spare .338. Its the most durable stock we've had. The wait times in the industry as a whole suck. Its got to be a challenge keeping the quality up, and the output high enough to satisfy the demand. I don't know anything about high finance, but I know Mcmillan was front and center in the credit battle many firearms related businesses have experienced. Tough to grow while being strangled financially. Admittedly if 6-8 months is what it takes, that should be upfront.
I even agree with that! I am in no way,shape,form,or fashion bashing the quality of McMillan stocks!!! They make a outstanding product! That being said, it's the way they have presented themselves in customer service. That's all I'm saying! I understand financial difficulty,but just be up front in servicing the customer, that's all I'm saying!

DT
Old 09-10-2013, 02:19 PM
Platinum Member

I ordered 2 A5 Magnums 2/1/2013 for some big Bat Action builds and am still waiting.

Only accurate rifles are interesting.

Gordy and Brady.