Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

McMillian Stocks?!?!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2013, 03:54 PM
Silver Member

Re: McMillian Stocks?!?!

Dick,

Right now i'm thinking that I will just order the wood stock from stockys to get me by till the McMillian comes in. I hate having to spend $250 on a stock that I don't want but at least it will fit my 257 wby even tho its already got a nice wood thumbhole on it.

Really burns me that the guy from McMillian that I was told would call me in a few min yesterday.....never called.
Old 09-05-2013, 04:11 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cummin_un_glued View Post
Dick,

Right now i'm thinking that I will just order the wood stock from stockys to get me by till the McMillian comes in. I hate having to spend $250 on a stock that I don't want but at least it will fit my 257 wby even tho its already got a nice wood thumbhole on it.

Really burns me that the guy from McMillian that I was told would call me in a few min yesterday.....never called.
I compleatley understand your plight!! Think about it like this, mabey you will like the stocky stock! If so when your McMillan gets here, then you can either keep the stocky an sell the McMillan (if you are still mad at it) or vise versa, sell the stocky an keep the McMillan!!! I don't think that you will have a problem getting your money back for any one of them!!

DT
Old 09-05-2013, 09:23 PM
Silver Member

Dick,

That's what i'm thinking also.

Get this too. I put another call in to McMillian again today since I did not really get to talk to anybody except the operator yesterday.

Got ahold of a "Justin" and told him all about it and expressed my concern that I would not receive the stock in time to prepare for this upcoming hunt and that I really needed a better timeline then "another 2-3 weeks". He told me that he completely understood and that he would have someone go find my stock and see what the progress was on it at this point and he would be able to give me an exact shipping date. Justin then told me that he would call me back as soon as someone went and "fetched" my stock. I asked if that would be today and he said yes it would be today and should be within the hour.

............no return call
Old 09-05-2013, 09:58 PM
Silver Member

What he really told ya in a nice corporate politics fashion was he dont know where your stock is an really don't care!!!! That's what I read into it!!! I don't meen to bash anybody or anything on here, saying that, customer service speaks very loud an clear!!! CUG! I can't tell ya what to do, but I can say what I would do! Call an find a good quality stock, buy it, get my rifle tuned in, go hunt!! If McMillan will give you a refund,Great!!! If not, lesson learned, sell it when it comes in to recoup any money an when someone asks about them, give a honest an firm replie!! Just my 2cts!!

DT
Old 09-05-2013, 10:01 PM
Silver Member

Oh!!! I sent you a email earlier with some info!

DT
Old 09-06-2013, 05:54 AM
Platinum Member

I ordered an A3 back in May and was quoted a 4 month delivery , putting it in September. I sent can e mail a week or so ago checking status and they said it has been pushed to November. I sent an email back stating that I specifically asked at the time I ordered if that was firm since I wanted it for hunting season and they said yes. No answer back. The rifle is a 300WM Mispec 700. Fortunately, I bedded the original stock since , an HS Precision that works well, but the A3 would be an exact match for my 308. Too bad, Mcmilkan has been great to deal with in the past. Hope they get their act together.

"Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready"-T. Roosevelt
Old 09-09-2013, 04:40 PM
Silver Member

well I talked to them again today. I was told that it "SHOULD" ship this week. That the best that they could do is "GUESS" at when it would be ready. Kay said she talked to one of the guys in production and according to the point in progress that it is currently at that it should ship this week.

guess I will give them this week and see