Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

McMillan Rifle Stocks at the LRH Store

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2009, 06:39 PM
Silver Member

McMillan Rifle Stocks at the LRH Store

You can buy MCMillan stocks, ready to ship at the LRH Store.

I'm looking at a new rifle stock and would like to hear feedback from anyone that knows anything about or has experience with Holland's Fiberglass stocks.

There are a ton of comments around these part about McMillan (all positive), but not much about Holland's. Since his stocks are made by McMillan I would assume that his stock is the same construction and feel as a McMillan stock. True?

If so I'm surprised that people don't talk more about his stocks as a viable alternative to McMillan stocks since he has stocks available immediately and McMillan is a 4 month wait. Pricing is similar.

Any insight?

Last edited by edited by; 03-31-2012 at 09:08 PM.
Old 02-22-2009, 08:59 PM
Bronze Member

re: McMillan Rifle Stocks at the LRH Store

I cannot help any yet, but I have Kirby building me a rifle now on one of the Holland's. It should be done soon and I will let you know what I think when I get it. You might shoot Kirby Allen (Fiftydriver here) an email, as he told me he builds a few rifles every year on these stocks. It was nice not to have to wait on the stock and the people at Holland were good to work with and had the stock to my gunsmith in less than a week.
Old 02-22-2009, 09:05 PM
Silver Member

I always assumed that McMillan made those for Holland. I guess I was wrong.
Old 02-22-2009, 11:41 PM
Silver Member

timl - no...you are correct. McMillan does make Holland's fiberglass stocks.

I don't know if it is a unique build or if it is exactly the same as one of McMillan's standard offerings. It is hard to tell from pictures, but the Holland looks very similar to the McMillan Remington Hunter or BDL.

JCFORD - thanks for the tip, I think I'll take your advice and shoot Kirby a message. What are you having built and when do you expect it to be finished?

Last edited by bookworm; 02-23-2009 at 01:21 PM.
Old 02-23-2009, 12:17 AM
SPONSOR

I will be handling a Holland stock in May, but that may be too long for you to decide.
Old 02-23-2009, 11:57 AM
Bronze Member

bookworm, Kirby is building me a 7mm Dakota, Borden action made for Kirby's company and a #4 fluted Lilja barrel, 26" in length. I am hopeing for 10 to 10.5 lbs. I do not ask for exact dates when it would be done, but most likely in the next month or so. I have another rifle he made for me, so there is no doubt what the quality will be. I am still very excited to see it and get some shooting done with it before it gets terribly hot.
Old 02-26-2009, 07:53 PM
Silver Member

I have one on a 7mm08 that I had built,its on a remington action and a heavy sporter barrel.
as far as the stock is concerned its a great stock, fairly light and seems very well made and I love the larger palm swell. I wouldnt hesitate to buy one again.

hope that helps you some

jared