Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

McMillan Lazzeroni question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2013, 04:03 AM
Silver Member

Re: McMillan Lazzeroni question

Broz,

A few questions please as you have experience with the stock...

Have you ever handled a McM Lazzeroni style (not TH) stock and how did it compare?

How is the TH in a big recoiler? I see you have a brake on the rifle, but I assume you may have some experience without it.

Howw does it shoot and handle offhand say for some form of walk up hunting if you need to take a quick shot? This is my biggest problem with the A5 and similar designs as you cant really swing or point a rifle with a vertical grip.

Thanks.

LRHWAL
Old 03-12-2013, 05:37 AM
Platinum Member

LRHWAL,

My friend put the non TH Lazzaroni stock on a rem 700 chambered for 257 weatherby. He likes the feel and looks. Can't report on how it handles recoil as the 257 is a pussycat. McMillan says it was designed to help deal with recoil. Certainly has the right slope to the cheek piece so it won't bash you.
Old 01-07-2015, 01:57 AM
Silver Member

Guess I will keep this alive anyone else have pictures of there guns with the stock? Think I wanna use one for a 338 edge build??
Old 01-07-2015, 06:07 AM
Platinum Member

Not the best pics but here are two of that 257 Weatherby at the range

Old 01-07-2015, 10:50 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaysesh View Post
Guess I will keep this alive anyone else have pictures of there guns with the stock? Think I wanna use one for a 338 edge build??
Computer crashed and I lost my rifle pictures. If you go to No Off Season's Facebook page, scroll back to early last summer, you'll find a couple of my rifle, its a .338 RUM.

Quite frankly I try not to form attachments to equipment, but I really like this stock.

Almost forgot, there is a picture in the varmint section here at LRH. Back a bit under the thread Oregon rats chucks and gongs.

The only downside is delivery time.
Old 01-08-2015, 03:25 PM
Silver Member

I have seen pictures of your rifle before very nice looking stick! What conture barrel are you running on yours?
Old 01-09-2015, 04:11 AM
Platinum Member

I don't know what contour it would be. Its a Krieger turned to match the Winchester magnum contour. Originally a .300 H&H, to maintain the same weight going to .338 it was turned with an extra .03 added. If I remember correctly it's .6+ at the muzzle.