Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

McMillan Lazzeroni question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2013, 01:16 PM
Silver Member

McMillan Lazzeroni question

I have been thinking about this stock for a SA rifle build in one of the 6mm's. It would be EDGE.

I would like to hear about this stock (handling, pros, cons etc) from people who have used it. Thanks alot!
Old 01-11-2013, 08:48 PM
Platinum Member

Re: McMillan Lazzeroni question

I like mine a lot. Been shooting this rifle for a couple years now. The stock is light but strong. Narrow in the front and fits in back packs and scabbards. The high cheek piece works well for long range work but for close shooting this stock also shoulder good as well. I have had many many shooters behind this rifle from young to old, novice to experienced LR shooters. It seems they all shoot it well. What more can I say?

Jeff

Old 01-11-2013, 11:42 PM
Silver Member

Thanks for your input Jeff, I have read your posts for awhile and I appreciate your opinion. I have an A5, HTG and a couple McMillan Hunters. I just wanted something different and this caught my eye.

I plan on using it for a coyote/steel rifle. Drag it around in our ND winters...Would a #3 barrel appear to "light" in it? Thanks.
Old 01-11-2013, 11:59 PM
Platinum Member

I think the #3 would be ok. I don't like barrels any thinner than The Sendero contour for long range work. But understand you may want to shed the extra pound or so. The tube in that pic is indeed a Sendero contour from Broughton.

Jeff
Old 01-12-2013, 12:45 AM
Platinum Member

[QUOTE=jrsolocam;746198]Thanks for your input Jeff, I have read your posts for awhile and I appreciate your opinion.

Mines been ordered for the same reason. Plus its so damn photogenic!
Old 01-12-2013, 06:20 AM
Platinum Member

McMillan's Lazzeroni stocks, the thumbhole and sporter stock, were made for John Lazzeroni's rifles by Randy Lawson of Harry Lawson Co here in Tucson. Lawson's makes wooden versions of the thumbhole which is the same shape but comes with a recoil absorbing flared recoil pad and a very deep durable finish in high gloss or satin. They also offer a crossbolt safety which works well with the thumbhole design. They have been making this thumbholes since the 60s.

Here is a left hand example

Old 01-13-2013, 09:13 AM
Silver Member

Purdy gun and a nice looking range. Same with yours Broz, very nice looking rig there. I am big time looking into a thumbhole stock and have always liked the looks of the Lazz model. Has anyone messed with the thumbhole stocks made by Stockey's? Been thinking on one of these for a .300 WBY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZShooter View Post
McMillan's Lazzeroni stocks, the thumbhole and sporter stock, were made for John Lazzeroni's rifles by Randy Lawson of Harry Lawson Co here in Tucson. Lawson's makes wooden versions of the thumbhole which is the same shape but comes with a recoil absorbing flared recoil pad and a very deep durable finish in high gloss or satin. They also offer a crossbolt safety which works well with the thumbhole design. They have been making this thumbholes since the 60s.

Here is a left hand example