Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

Manner stocks ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2009, 03:11 PM
Bronze Member

Manner stocks ?

Does any one know why MANNERS STOCK don't offer the carbon fiber finish on their stocks any more . My gunsmith just call and order me a stock for my gun i am getting build and i whated the carbon fiber finish they said that they don't offer it any more p_ _ _ _ _ me off i really whated that finish on the stock am getting
Old 03-05-2009, 03:19 PM

Re: Manner stocks ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamadog View Post
Does any one know why MANNERS STOCK don't offer the carbon fiber finish on their stocks any more . My gunsmith just call and order me a stock for my gun i am getting build and i whated the carbon fiber finish they said that they don't offer it any more p_ _ _ _ _ me off i really whated that finish on the stock am getting
I do, since I wanted one on my new rifle.

I was told that while some of them looked really nice, carbon fiber is a very finicky material. Some of them took forever to get to look perfect, and a lot of people just were not content with the small imperfections that is unavoidable when doing hand-laid carbon.

So, in the end, while a few people managed to get fabulous CF stocks, it ended up being more aggravation than it's worth trying to get the weave absolutely perfect.

Very understandable if you've ever worked with CF before. It's not forgiving when you want to clear coat it.
Old 03-05-2009, 06:45 PM
Platinum Member

Go to www.wedipit.com and send the stock to them.

They dip stocks and have carbon finishes available.

BH
Old 03-05-2009, 08:32 PM
Platinum Member

a young fellow that's the son of a good friend of mine has a dipping business. they can give you the carbon fiber or just about any "look" you want. call Dusty at 717-830-2472 or go to Welcome to Liquid Illusions Camo Dipping Home Page
Old 03-06-2009, 07:53 PM
Silver Member

I guess I was one of the lucky ones. I could see how hard it would be to make them, I actually need to send it back and get a little hole fixed...