Long Range Hunting Online Magazine


Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics


Reply

MAGNUM PUNCH in an '06

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #29  
Old 02-10-2013, 10:55 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Alaska
Posts: 3,390
Re: MAGNUM PUNCH in an '06

Now we're cooking with gas!
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 02-10-2013, 11:45 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Northern Id.
Posts: 3,356
Re: MAGNUM PUNCH in an '06

Quote:
Originally Posted by CogburnR View Post
Looks pretty good!!

I am definitely interested!!
BRUCE......I'm hijacking my own thread, but here is the case I was referring to. 375 Ruger on L and 30/375 S.I. on R. Your .338 would just be a necked up version with around 98 grain capacity.......Rich MAGNUM PUNCH in an '06-dscf0481.jpg
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 02-10-2013, 11:49 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: SW Montana
Posts: 4,456
Re: MAGNUM PUNCH in an '06

Looks like this thread is turning into all things Sherman Improved
__________________
High Fence, Low Fence, Stuck in the Fence, if I can Tag it and Eat it, it's Hunting!

"Pain is weakness leaving your body"
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 02-10-2013, 11:50 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: ND
Posts: 2,715
Re: MAGNUM PUNCH in an '06

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkaholic View Post
BRUCE......I'm hijacking my own thread, but here is the case I was referring to. 375 Ruger on L and 30/375 S.I. on R. Your .338 would just be a necked up version with around 98 grain capacity.......Rich Attachment 18109
Rich, i am trying to convince my Dad to rebarrel his 300 rum to your 30/375 S.I. he hates shooting his 300 rum. it only weighs 7lbs scoped and has the tiny triangular barrel that the remmys came with so putting a brake on is almost impossable. I love studying your wildcats!!
__________________

I'm 15
"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth."
~George Washington

"The only advantage a light rifle has is weight, all other advantages go to the heavy rifle."
~ JE Custom

Biggest fail of 2014 so far... http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...ea-ftf-128972/
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 02-10-2013, 11:53 PM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SD
Posts: 388
Re: MAGNUM PUNCH in an '06

IT looks like my gun kitty is in grave danger!
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 02-10-2013, 11:53 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Northern Id.
Posts: 3,356
Re: MAGNUM PUNCH in an '06

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigngreen View Post
Looks like this thread is turning into all things Sherman Improved
Sorry, but it's my thread
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 02-10-2013, 11:55 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Northern Id.
Posts: 3,356
Re: MAGNUM PUNCH in an '06

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnesuser28 View Post
Rich, i am trying to convince my Dad to rebarrel his 300 rum to your 30/375 S.I. he hates shooting his 300 rum. it only weighs 7lbs scoped and has the tiny triangular barrel that the remmys came with so putting a brake on is almost impossable. I love studying your wildcats!!
Quit study'in 'em and start buy'in 'em This hobby of mine is spendy!!....Rich
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Current Poll
Do you archery hunt for elk?
YES - 31.75%
60 Votes
NO - 52.38%
99 Votes
Not yet, but I plan to. - 15.87%
30 Votes
Total Votes: 189
You may not vote on this poll.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Management Powered by vBadvanced CMPS
All content ©2010-2014 Long Range Hunting, LLC