Re: LUCKY.....GROUP......CLUB ( BI - PODS - ..ONLY )
1) No, the thread is not standard, and they are not interchangeable, for right hand twist barrels we use LH fine stuff, with a slight taper.
2) We rethread the barrel always, so the fit is perfect, after the brake has been made. The threads are hand lapped with the brake to a very tight tolerance.
3) I do not understand the question. Please restate.
4) Cost runs between $280 (.223 rem.)and $420 (50 BMG) installed with a perfect crown included.
5) It does improve accuracy even on benchrest rifles. Because so many rifles shoot so well, well enough to win on any given day, the rifle is rarely the determining factor. Many benchrest classes prohibit brakes, or force a restricted diameter, so it will depend on the class and caliber size, as to the degree of effectiveness.
6) I have always liked the 'S' series bipod. The first thing I do when I pull one out of the bag, is tighten the nut on the swivel pivot a great deal. I do not want the swivel to move unless I deliberately reposition the rifle with significant force. This has always worked really well for me, to remove cant, but not have the rifle losing alignment while shooting multiple shots.
[ 01-11-2003: Message edited by: S1 ]