Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

lost river ballistic technologies bullets?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2004, 07:31 PM
Gold Member

Re: lost river ballistic technologies bullets?

Dan Tec this particular rifle is completely stock Savage weather warrior mod. 116 SAK in 300RUM 1in 10 very little fouling, but this could have went the other way according to the maker.The muzzle vel. just under 3200fps not exactly screaming.
Old 01-31-2004, 07:45 PM
Silver Member

I've got some LRiver in 270 I may just have to try again. The time I tryed them I had a 3.5 inch group. I'll seat em deep this time and try again
Old 02-01-2004, 12:09 AM
Silver Member

Sniper

what your caliber
what your barrel pitch and barrel brand
what your muzzle velocity
and how if foulling in barrel and how many bullets have you shoot ?

good shooting

DAN TEC
Old 02-01-2004, 10:36 AM

forknhorn,

I have a customer in Oregon that went on an Elk/Mule Deer hunt last year in Idaho and used his 7 STW and our 127gr EXP Groove Bullets. He was getting 3700 FPS using our 127gr EXP bullet. He killed his elk, one shot, at 527 yards and the next day killed his mule deer at 524 yards. Both, one shot kills. At 3700 I have to believe the 127gr shoots mightly flat. He got complete pass through on both animals, broadside.

Don
Old 02-01-2004, 03:54 PM
Platinum Member

Pretty common knowledge that you have to distance solids from the lands alittle more.
No big deal
Shaky
Your grooved bullets are cool, but do not even begin to compare to LRBs.
Forknhorn is obviously interested in BC moreso than solid.
Old 02-04-2004, 02:50 PM
Silver Member

LRB hight BC perhaps but proven BC ?

one thing is sure that perfect groove killer by design with very long bearing surface with bullet in tought alloy as nickel copper aloy and very long bullet are more than difficult to get stabilzed

groove bullet are safe for barrel and pressure stay at same level as lead core

any body have information on load / velocity with LRB because the web site is empty of technicals informations as old water drum in middle of AZ

good shooting

DAN TEC
Old 02-19-2004, 06:34 PM
Platinum Member

i've tried lost river bullets and would say they were the absolute worst shooting bullets i've ever tried.the owner worked with me to try and make them shoot.when i gave up on them,he refunded my money.what i know about copper bullets(any of them)is the fit to the barrel is critical.also if you have a bore that is larger at the muzzle,than at the chamber,they will never shoot.the groove bullet and g s customs are the best at killing game.the gs can be shot faster than any other bullet but can be tricky to get 1/2 moa or less.the groove bullets are very accurate,but have a very limited selection(one per cal.)i think the barnes is the bottom of the heap.don't get me wrong,they're better than lead bullets when it comes to terminal performance,they're great killers.i just think the others are better because they shed their pedals and slam through with a one dia. instead of mushrooming.