Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

Looking for a Left hand AR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2008, 08:40 PM
Silver Member

Looking for a Left hand AR

I am looking for a new Left Hand AR. I know that Stag Arms makes several models. I want a good rifle for coyote hunting. I am left handed so thats of course why I prefer a left handed model. I would like to get something with an 18 - 20 inch bbl. I am looking for something light weight. Not that AR's are really light weight but I dont want more weight than needed.

I am not really satisfied with Stag Arms. I have friends with Rock River guns and Bushmaster.

Do you guys know of any other mfg of left handed AR's?
Old 11-05-2008, 08:59 PM
Silver Member

Re: Looking for a Left hand AR

Stag is the better know source for LH models and the offer the best selection. But DPMS does offer the "Southpaw" A2 variant.

DPMS: AR-15 Rifles, Parts and Accessories.

By the way, what did you not like about Stag? I've been looking at them too.

Good luck,

Rick
Old 11-05-2008, 09:22 PM
Silver Member

I have heard that Stag is not that accurate. I have friends that have Rock River guns and they are really accurate. I have only seen one Stag and I was not that impressed with the way it performed (accuracy). Now maybe he was shooting the wrong weight bullet. Maybe his rings were not mounted properly and so on. I know there is a lot that goes into an accurate rifle. It kind of turned me off to them and I then also heard rumors that they lacked accuracy.

I dont have a lot of info that is solid so I am trying to find out what it true and what is fiction. The one thing I do know is I prefer a left hand gun.

I might have to go with a right hand gun in the end but I would like to avoid it.
Old 11-06-2008, 02:00 PM
Silver Member

Here's another lefty to look at:
Left Hand AR RIFLES - Precision AR Barrels by Noveske Rifleworks used for these Professional Grade ARs AR-15 for LeftHandRifles.com - Bedrock Industries, Inc.
Caution--beware of sticker shock