Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

Long Range Rifles, LLC - - - another happy customer's target picture

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2012, 08:18 PM
PUBLISHER

Long Range Rifles, LLC - - - another happy customer's target picture

Steve P. sent me this picture of the very first group from his new 6.5x284.

This target shows 3 shots at 100 yards. On the phone with me, he said a dime will easily cover them. I could almost see the big grin as he spoke.

These were the 8th, 9th and 10th shots out of the rifle. First he got on paper, and then did a little cleaning in between shots.

Long Range Rifles, LLC  - - -  another happy customer's target picture-polesky_6.5-284_3shots.jpg

This target was shot with the load data I gave him from my own personal 6.5x284. Same barrel profile and reamer but different stock.

Then he shot 2 more times and said a nickle will cover the 5 shots.

Now he wants me to build him a 7mm Dakota in a certain configuration and color in time for this year's elk season.

I said I'll build and ship it in 4 to 6 weeks.

Long Range Rifles, LLC - Ready To Ship

Components and assembly by LRH Sponsors
Old 08-03-2012, 08:40 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Long Range Rifles, LLC - - - another happy customer's target picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Len Backus View Post
Steve P. sent me this picture of the very first group from his new 6.5x284.

This target shows 3 shots at 100 yards. On the phone with me, he said a dime will easily cover them. I could almost see the big grin as he spoke.

These were the 8th, 9th and 10th shots out of the rifle. First he got on paper, and then did a little cleaning in between shots.

Attachment 11692

This target was shot with the load data I gave him from my own personal 6.5x284. Same barrel profile and reamer but different stock.

Then he shot 2 more times and said a nickle will cover the 5 shots.

Now he wants me to build him a 7mm Dakota in a certain configuration and color in time for this year's elk season.

I said I'll build and ship it in 4 to 6 weeks.
Good job Len! Was it Townsend Whelen that said "only accurate rifles are interesting"!......Rich
Old 08-03-2012, 09:54 PM
Platinum Member

Awesome accuracy! Great pic, and HOLY COW short turnaround time!! Way to go Len!!!

"I have No idea why that cop made me ride in the back seat, when I Clearly called Shotgun!"
Old 08-03-2012, 10:24 PM
Platinum Member

I don't know Len, I might have to sell the couple savage donor actions and have you build me a couple leftys! Six weeks is gettin it done!

Congrats!

Brent

"The will to win, compares little with the will to prepare to win" Donovan Moran
Old 08-05-2012, 07:01 PM
Platinum Member

That's impressive!!!! Will he post a photo of his rifle and the spec?