Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

Long range ammo?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-16-2010, 10:34 PM
Long range ammo?

I recently joined the forum hoping to get some insight and pointers into long range shooting. I am looking at eventually getting into competive long range shooting, so hope to get some tips from you all. I am currently focusing on my ammo. I am curious if there is a factory loaded round that I can purchase that has consistant BC ( balistic coeficient) out of the box. I am also considering loading my own ammo. I know that loading my own is less expensive in the long run. I have never loaded my own ammo, so this is why I am inquiring into factory loaded ammo. I am shooting a .308 out of a remington 700 base with a 26" barrel having a 1 in 12 twist. I am currently shooting right at 1 MOA with inexpensive Win and Rem ammo, but almost always end up with a flyer about every 4th or 5th round. Obviously want to get sub MOA grouping and understand that I will have to do some more mods to my rifle before I can achieve this, but want the best oppurtunity with what I have.

I would appreciate any suggestions or input and if there is any additional info needed......please ask.

All or None!!!
All or None!!!