Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

long heavy barrel picture request

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2013, 04:53 PM
Silver Member

Re: long heavy barrel picture request

nice lapua. Mine was fun to shoot but I sold it for another project and I missed it later but I thought 26" sporter barrel was just the wrong combination on my lapua.
I still got my ammo. its not like you can give 338 lapua ammo to your buddy
Old 09-09-2013, 05:33 AM
Silver Member

Contact Chris Matthews at Benchmark for bbls over 30"
just got my 34" 338 bbl in a 5" shank 9.5 twist 5R Sendero contour ($340 shipped) for my new wildcat
338 Wolverine "the Alaskan Beast"
also have same style 34" bbl in 375 10 twist for my wildcat the 375 Mjolnir "the Hammer of Thor" rifle concept , smith installing bbl along with Benchmarks version of the big "Muscle" brake

in the pic below is the Hammer of Thor rifle chambered in 375 Mjolnir in a fluted 31" 10 twist Rem Varmint contour Benchmark bbl, the extra inch of bbl has a 4 port brake machined into it

the wait is far less than with other barrels makers !
Attached Thumbnails - Click to View Larger
long heavy barrel picture request-image.jpg  

"In guns, particularly firearms, caliber or calibre is the approximate internal diameter of the barrel, or the diameter of the projectile it fires."
WIKIPEDIA

"Fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity"
Sigmund Freud
Old 09-09-2013, 05:43 AM
Platinum Member

Swamplord,

Thanks for the information on another source for barrels. What chassis is that on the pictured 375?

And what exactly are the 338 Wolverine and 375 Mjolnir wildcats?
Old 09-09-2013, 05:53 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZShooter View Post
Swamplord,

Thanks for the information on another source for barrels. What chassis is that on the pictured 375?

And what exactly are the 338 Wolverine and 375 Mjolnir wildcats?
Yes please
Old 09-09-2013, 06:50 AM
Silver Member

thank you for the head up on benchmark im going to contact them today. I love that rifle the forend is not to long .

that chassis is this one I believe Welcome to KRG
Old 09-09-2013, 06:58 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamplord View Post
Contact Chris Matthews at Benchmark for bbls over 30"
just got my 34" 338 bbl in a 5" shank 9.5 twist 5R Sendero contour ($340 shipped) for my new wildcat
338 Wolverine "the Alaskan Beast"
also have same style 34" bbl in 375 10 twist for my wildcat the 375 Mjolnir "the Hammer of Thor" rifle concept , smith installing bbl along with Benchmarks version of the big "Muscle" brake

in the pic below is the Hammer of Thor rifle chambered in 375 Mjolnir in a fluted 31" 10 twist Rem Varmint contour Benchmark bbl, the extra inch of bbl has a 4 port brake machined into it

the wait is far less than with other barrels makers !
so the barrel length of that rifle with break would be 32" ? . I plan on getting a lss chassis as I love the way it looks . its only currently offered in a short action but a long action is in the works . I could always go with a 300 wsm and 208 amaxs or 215gr vlds etc. seems like max loads gain more fps from 30" tube + than reduced loads . I guess its because the extra powder .
Old 09-09-2013, 07:50 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELR Researcher View Post
myrifleisLapua and joe0121:

The shop that Jimmie Sloan camped out at to develop the 338 NM is Mike's Gun Sales and Service. They build tube guns especially in 300 NM and 338 NM.

Accurate Mag also has a 338 NM tube gun (Special Service Rifle). Plus RW Snyder. Plus Tooey. Plus Vestal.

If you'd consider a semi, there's Noreen's Bad News. Maybe even F&D.

Where might someone find out about such things? Here - look for the light green "2" at the end of the entries. Or orangish "1" for 338 NM. Sorry , no differentiation "code" for "tube gun" vs "conventional"... but the bright green background for the model indicates repeater (mag fed).

If you are actually dealing with a "gunsmith", many 338 LM merchant offerings can be tuned for 338 NM feeding. Loving the extra .100 ish length in the 338 LM CIP mags for the longer projectiles. I have a 338 NM build in work which is going into an XLR chassis - pure tube gun and EXCELLENT workmanship!

Enjoy and God Bless!

I have a 338 Norma Mag from Mikes guns and service. Shoots one hole at a 100 yards. Love the NM. Shooting RL22 and a 300 gr SMK.
long heavy barrel picture request-image.jpg