Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

Loadbase 3.0 and Exbal

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2010, 10:20 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Loadbase 3.0 and Exbal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHRTSHTR View Post
bigngreen,

Sounds like you are good to go either way with LB or Exbal. Now all you have to do is find an animal that will give you that longrange shot .

Hopefully I can shoot one more time before I leave on my bear hunt this weekend.

Good luck to you on your hunt and look forward to hearing about your results.
Good luck to you on the bear! I just realized that MT fall bear opens today, I may have to start packing the LRH rig bow hunting!! I'm feeling good about what both Loadbase and Exbal are giving me. About three weeks and we're going to put the hurt on some antelope and LR is the name of the game

"Pain is weakness leaving your body"
Old 09-18-2010, 12:27 AM
Platinum Member

Dialed in another rifle to night with Exbal and it went well, my buddy is stoked! We dialed in his 22-250 shooting 60gr Bergers for Antelope season! First time we walked this gun out to see what it would do. Savage Model 12 and it did as expected out to 735yrd, got it sighted in did a validation and got the scope all dialed up and he started spanking the 600yrd gong and we took it up to 735 and nailed it. He's hooked Goats will die I only shot twice, nailed it at 590 cold bore then waited for an hour and was 6in high at 1030yrds cold bore windage was perfect, really starting to nail the wind better!

Old 09-18-2010, 09:43 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigngreen View Post
I only shot twice, nailed it at 590 cold bore then waited for an hour and was 6in high at 1030yrds cold bore windage was perfect, really starting to nail the wind better!
Reading the wind will seperate most shooters. No substitute for just going out and shooting. Trigger time rules!

Congrats! Keep up the great work. Best of luck this season.

Jeff
Old 09-18-2010, 10:00 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broz View Post
Reading the wind will seperate most shooters. No substitute for just going out and shooting. Trigger time rules!

Congrats! Keep up the great work. Best of luck this season.

Jeff
Getting the Kestrel and chucking the Caldwell in a draw made a huge difference on my windage, I've really tightened up my wind calls now that I know what the actual value is and what range it's changing in!

Good hunting to you guys to Broz!!!

Old 11-01-2010, 01:19 PM
Gold Member

Now this was some good reading Thanks big n green
Old 11-01-2010, 01:23 PM
Platinum Member

Waiting for the UPDATE bigngreen?

Sounds like Exbal is working well, but you prefer LoadBase 3.0 at extended ranges?

Hope your hunting season(s) are going well, and you're able to put both software programs to solid, impacting use.
Old 11-01-2010, 01:34 PM
Platinum Member

I read the entire thread, very interesting....Thank you all.

Does anyone have the new PC version of NF (Exbal)??

I read alot about trajectory validation in this thread; problem is, on my new PC version (9.5 I believe) It simply doesn't work! I've used the same feature on an older PDA version and it changed the velocity as it should have. However, when I type the same exact data into the new PC version it always says "calculations did not converge".......anyone else having this issue?

Anyone heard of a patch from NF or Exbal that will solve the problem?

I click "trajectory validation" option
I enter a distance and hit tab
I enter an amount under sight adj used in moa (same amount the program gives for comeup)
I enter a number under amount of measured error (4 as an example) and click calculate.

Always get the same popup that says "calculations did not converge" no matter what number or distance I input.
Am I doing something wrong?

Last edited by SBruce; 11-01-2010 at 01:40 PM.