Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

Load Development

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2003, 11:18 AM

Load Development

This is how easy it is to load develop.
http://groovebullets.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=49

Don [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-09-2003, 01:31 PM
Silver Member

Re: Load Development

What a piece of propaganda! [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

quote from other post: So Tony sets out to try these new Groove Bullets and after loading one Round with Rel 19 and then another round with onwe type of powder and increasing grains of powder at one grain at a time hit on alittle better than 1/2 inch groups at 100 yards. NO pressure signs, very very little copper fouling and was just Amazed at what accuracy he is NOW getting with these new Groove Bullets.
Now, Tony goes to work on my new 300 wby. 3 rounds later.. YES ~~~ I said after 3 rounds and using 83.5 grns of IMR 7828, I am getting 1/4 inch groups @ 100 yards.. Temp was 55 degrees and wind was 10 mph.

Now did you remember I first told you I don't reload?? Well guess what??? This fat boy won't have to buy anymore HIGH DOLLAR factory Wby ammo at those high costs cause this guy now has GROOVE BULLETS [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]..
Chronograph data will come later and next time we go to range and after we get some more Groove bullets.. so look close for the next update from 2 HAPPY Groove Bullets USERS [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Hey.. did you know you save money using Groove bullets also?? NOT much copper fouling equates to LESS $$ spent on bore cleaners

He loads ONE ROUND at a time, with different powders & charges, and gets 1/2" groups? Better yet is... "after three rounds I was getting 1/4 inch groups". How do you get multiple groups with only three rounds?? Oh, and let's not forget how easy it is to clean, and how much we'll save on solvents...

This is a transparent sales pitch by whoever posted it. What a joke.
[img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 03-09-2003, 01:52 PM
Silver Member

Gary,

You hit my thoughts Exactly. Not only does that Fat guy not reload, I don't think he's ever done any shooting.

Tim
Old 03-09-2003, 07:39 PM

Texas,

Yes, these are the bullets I spoke about earlier.

This individual loaded 1 round at a time looking for pressure signs. He then loaded and shot 3 shot groups. I don't know how many groups he shot.

He tried 3 different powder charges for the 300 whby and then loaded up to shoot 3 shot groups. Again, I don't know how many groups he shot.

The "Fat" guy is in Oklahoma.

Don
Old 03-09-2003, 08:37 PM
Silver Member

Don,

I remember you talking about those bullets a while back, and from memory of what you had mentioned about them before, I was thinking of getting some to try.

I followed the link you posted, but to be honest, I got so fed up with the BS and hype on that page, and the entire forum, I never made it all of the way to the price / order page.

Can you tell us about them again? What kind of BC do you have for the 7MM? How much $?
Old 03-10-2003, 12:29 AM
Gold Member

Don are these the bullets that you mentioned some time back?
Old 03-10-2003, 07:51 PM
Gold Member

Gary, Tim You both are right. It did seem kind of funny that that someone could load so few rounds and get good groups. Other than that the groove bullets do seem like something to try.
Hopefully they will come out with a larger selection of calibers. It would be nice if they would try a 408 cal you know.