Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

Load data for Berger Bullets

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2013, 08:05 PM
Bronze Member

Re: Load data for Berger Bullets

As for seating depths, don't be scared to jump em a long way. I was always under the impression with Bergers that they needed to be jammed or just off the lands. Not always the case, in my 308 that I hunt with (TC Icon Precision Hunter) im shooting the 168 VLD with Varget powder and jumping them .140 to the lands and its shooting half inch groups at 100 yards (5 shots).
Old 03-21-2013, 08:58 PM

Here are some 115 VLD loads that work well for me. Both loads are at 3.310 OAL. Not bad for a Marlin XL7!

54.5 gr. H4831sc @ 2976 fps.
50.5 gr. H4350 @ 3060 fps.
Attached Thumbnails - Click to View Larger
Load data for Berger Bullets-img_0072.jpg   Load data for Berger Bullets-img_0073.jpg  

Old 03-21-2013, 10:17 PM
Platinum Member

I just ordered a Berger manual from Berger on Monday.....Said it was in stock, but haven't gotten a second confirmation email saying it has shipped. Seems a but odd I' e already gotten charged for it, but haven't seen that second email. Hole it shows up soon. Guess I should send the CS guy an email.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 03-21-2013, 10:37 PM
Platinum Member

Just sent Ryan @ Berger an email, and awaiting a reply as to whether or not they were currently out of them. I will relay my findings.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Old 03-22-2013, 01:07 PM
Platinum Member

Just got Ryan @ Berger's reply email. He says that the manuals ARE in stock, and they are ready for shipping, and that mine has already been shipped.

Just thought I'd pass along the info that they are in-fact in stock on Berger's website.

Midway also them available.

Quote:
Old 09-24-2013, 03:48 PM

Gerry,

I've been trying to put togather a load for my 25-06 as well with the 115 vld's. I tried H-1000 and I've tried all sorts of loads and seating but never got the grouping results I got with 115 nosler ballistic tip using 53gr of Reloder 22 that were usually around 1/2 inch! Tried Reloder 22 with the 115 bergers seated in the lands .005 and voila! 53gr gave 1/2- 3/4 groups, 54gr mostly 3/4 groups, 55gr all shot 1/2 and better! one group pretty much shot one hole! 56gr shot between 1/2 & 3/4.
Note# I was using plain old winchester cases and fed 210m primers.
I never speed tested it yet to see what kind of ES im getting.