Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

LH Mini Actions?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2013, 02:57 PM
Platinum Member

LH Mini Actions?

Gents,

I've run the gamut & have come up empty handed. I've been toying with the idea of building a 17 Hornet for no other reasons than the fact that I want one It's gotta be a repeater & it's gotta be left handed. You'd think I was searching for a trilingual supermodel wife over 6' tall who cooks, cleans, hunts & mechanics on the side.....

I can't find anything small enough from any of the custom action makers except Cooper & it's a single shot (IIRC). Forget anything LH in a factory rifle, CZ makes the 527 in 17 Hornet but no LH models as of yet (the story of my life ). I did email CZ inquiring as to whether or not they will offer the 527 LH in 17 & they replied honestly that it depended on the popularity of the cartridge.

So, action guru's & small cartridge gods. I convey my wishes unto you oh ye of infinite wisdom. Any thoughts?

t

Old 05-14-2013, 03:13 PM
Platinum Member

Re: LH Mini Actions?

Man I like where your going, I've been itching to do some kind of 17 hornet. I know I saw a custom shortie action that looked awesome like a mini defiance but I'm not near my laptop so I don't have a name.

"Pain is weakness leaving your body"
Old 05-14-2013, 03:27 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigngreen View Post
Man I like where your going, I've been itching to do some kind of 17 hornet. I know I saw a custom shortie action that looked awesome like a mini defiance but I'm not near my laptop so I don't have a name.

TEASE!! That just ain't right

Montana Rifle Company advertises for a "mini" action but their website says they are not in production yet...

I could always try to find a LH CZ 527 in 22 Hornet & build the 17 I guess... IF I can find one.

t

Old 05-14-2013, 03:36 PM
Platinum Member

I want to say I saw or on accurate shooter.

Old 05-14-2013, 03:42 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
I want to say I saw or on accurate shooter.

Thank god, if you'd have saw it on Inaccurate Shooter i'd be worried..... (yes i'm bored).

Guess i'll cruise over there & check it out. Thanks BNG.

t

Old 05-14-2013, 03:49 PM
Platinum Member

Maybe it was Texas heartshot.com.

Old 05-14-2013, 03:53 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Maybe it was Texas heartshot.com.

Ah, my favorite site. Many insightful members amassed there.

I see Barnard makes a model S (small) LH action....

t