Long Range Hunting Online Magazine


Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics


Reply

Left Hand 25-06

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-04-2008, 02:59 PM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hatchet City, AB,Canada
Posts: 232
Left Hand 25-06

OK guys.. Do any of the companies out there build a left hand 25-06. I have a buddy who is just getting into shooting and want something that he can shoot yotes and deer with and not give him the "Flinch" some guys get..

Whith out breaking the bank..

But he is a lefty..

Any thoughts????

Thanks
__________________
Blygy
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-04-2008, 05:35 PM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bandon Oregon
Posts: 185
Ruger makes a left-hand 25-06 with 24inch magnum contour barrel I have one its stainless black laminated stock had Darrel Holland turn it to a 25-06 AI shoots great.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-04-2008, 05:46 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 2,143
Lots of LH bolt guns available today. Check Browning, Tikka, Remington, Ruger, Weatherby, Savage................
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-09-2011, 12:58 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bruce Peninsula
Posts: 14
Re: Left Hand 25-06

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecool View Post
Ruger makes a left-hand 25-06 with 24inch magnum contour barrel I have one its stainless black laminated stock had Darrel Holland turn it to a 25-06 AI shoots great.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blygy View Post
OK guys.. Do any of the companies out there build a left hand 25-06. I have a buddy who is just getting into shooting and want something that he can shoot yotes and deer with and not give him the "Flinch" some guys get..

Whith out breaking the bank..

But he is a lefty..

Any thoughts????

Thanks
Savage would be the starting point for price... Ruger did make a nice "black" laminate stocked rifle, which appeared to be a little heavier then most others, but nice an a decent price. But Ruger may have ceased production on this model in 2009, so I don't think there making it any more. They do make the 77 in walnut and black barrel. So you may need to visit their website to check on the 25-06.

Tikka and Browning would make one. I don't think that Winchester M70 in left has been on the market since the older production plant closed in 2006.

almost all of the above rifles, with the exception of the Savage 116 may require a shoulder pad upgrade.

The "Weatherbees" are more pricey an are limited to their Magnum calibers.

A lot of other stuff is semi custom, or custom build, but there are a few choices out there if one looks for adds in rifle magazines and checks their websites.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-09-2011, 11:58 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 9
Re: Left Hand 25-06

Savage makes the model 11 in a left-hand 25-06 with laminate stock and accutrigger. Weighs in at 6.5 lbs so it should be a good carry rifle. Estimate cost to be about $450.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-10-2011, 11:03 AM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bandon Oregon
Posts: 185
Re: Left Hand 25-06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabob77 View Post
Savage would be the starting point for price... Ruger did make a nice "black" laminate stocked rifle, which appeared to be a little heavier then most others, but nice an a decent price. But Ruger may have ceased production on this model in 2009, so I don't think there making it any more. They do make the 77 in walnut and black barrel. So you may need to visit their website to check on the 25-06.

Tikka and Browning would make one. I don't think that Winchester M70 in left has been on the market since the older production plant closed in 2006.

almost all of the above rifles, with the exception of the Savage 116 may require a shoulder pad upgrade.

The "Weatherbees" are more pricey an are limited to their Magnum calibers.

A lot of other stuff is semi custom, or custom build, but there are a few choices out there if one looks for adds in rifle magazines and checks their websites.
Check the date on the OP, Ruger had them in full swing.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-11-2011, 10:36 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bruce Peninsula
Posts: 14
Re: Left Hand 25-06

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecool View Post
Check the date on the OP, Ruger had them in full swing.
Just fo clarification on your note: when you say OP do you mean "Original Poster".

Also, I been to the most recent Ruger firearms site that I found on google and they are not showing the Laminate stainless in Left Hand... Unless I'm not seeing it there. They are showing the Walnut - blued barrel. I do recall that in previous year production models they had it on their gun site. But I'm always willing to "stand to be corrected".
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads for: Left Hand 25-06
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Custom Left Hand Rifles - 4 to 6 week completion times on left hand rifles Len Backus Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics 105 12-17-2012 11:24 PM
WTS - Left Hand Rem 700 CDL .30-06 - SPF orion2000 Guns For Sale 2 06-05-2011 09:00 PM
Need help for a left hand gun Bigwehrm Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics 8 01-22-2011 07:18 PM
Left Hand 22 Mag Nabob77 Rimfire and Airguns 2 01-08-2011 02:52 PM
Left Hand LA 700 in Right Hand Stock benchracer Gunsmithing 7 07-09-2010 08:16 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Management Powered by vBadvanced CMPS
All content ©2010-2014 Long Range Hunting, LLC