Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

LB3.0 old/new Coldbore 1.0 from Patagonia Ballistics

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2013, 04:19 AM
Platinum Member

Re: LB3.0 old/new Coldbore 1.0 from Patagonia Ballistics

Just installed update 1.0.0.4 for ColdBore

Here is a copy/paste of part of the email I received:

This update incorporates the following additions:

BALLISTICS Module

The maximum range has been extended to 3500 yards/meters

GPS/TARGTES Module

A new feature has been introduced that allows to transfer a TARGET position as obtained in the MAPPING/COORDS sub tab to MAPPING/RANGING and TARGETS/STORE-EDIT sub tabs.

-----------------------------
HEBREWS 13:8
Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Our Lord Jesus said that as it was in the days of Noah and
also as it was in the days of Lot so it shall be in the days...
It's happening again!!! God sent to us His prophet, and His Word
to this generation and we once more are rejecting it as was prophesied!!!

---> As promised, God Sent His Prophet to us!
Old 01-12-2013, 05:19 PM
Platinum Member

Eaglet,

What mobile device are your running ColdBore 1.0 on? I run LB3.0 on a Dell Axim X51V. Wondering if it's sufficient to run ColdBore 1.0?
Old 01-12-2013, 07:29 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phorwath View Post
Eaglet,

What mobile device are your running ColdBore 1.0 on? I run LB3.0 on a Dell Axim X51V. Wondering if it's sufficient to run ColdBore 1.0?
It's good to hear from you!

Yes, Dell Axim X51V, is excactly what I'm using and runs great. It also runs great in Axim X50V.

No sure if I mention this before; when I'm hunting or just shooting, the picture below shows the home page, "or whatever you want to call it", let's say I click on "Ballistics" load my saved data or create a new one and when all is running as it should, I DO NOT close CB or LB3.0 all the way when not using it, being in the shoot tab or any other tab I close by clicking the "x" on the top right corner of the screen; when closed, you would be seeing the screen of the picture below, now I turn it off. The Point? When you need to shoot, turn the PDA on, click on "Ballistics" and instantaneously you're ready to use it. Every thing loaded just like it was when you turned it off.
Both, LB3.0 and CB1.0 work the same in that aspect.

LB3.0 old/new Coldbore 1.0 from Patagonia Ballistics-x51v1.jpg

Old 01-13-2013, 06:29 PM
Platinum Member

Thanks Eaglet. I keep my X51V in standby mode like that also, except I don't power it down with the power button. I think I just click the "X". I didn't know I could power down and back up and have it be ready to roll. So I'll have to try it your way and see how it works.

I sent Gus an e-mail and he suggested I set the processor speed on my X51V to the maximum 624 MHz setting for best performance. I didn't even know the speed setting was programmable. So I'm going to have to get mine out and see if I can figure out what speed mine is programmed to, and how to adjust that speed setting. Do you know how to program the processor speed? If not, I'll let you know what I figure out, if you're curious...

I have a spare X51V, and I'm about ready to purchase ColdBore 1.0. I'll leave LB3.0 installed on the one, and then have CB1.0 loaded on the 2nd. That way I'll have a backup, in case one of the Axims fail.
Old 01-13-2013, 06:33 PM
Platinum Member

Do you guys feel there will be an app. for cold bore available for smart phones some day?

Sorry if this has been covered. I am just drawing a blank right now.

Jeff
Old 01-14-2013, 01:07 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phorwath View Post
...I set the processor speed on my X51V to the maximum 624 MHz setting for best performance.
Having a back up is the best... Very nice. I have two spare X50Vs but I had... long story... I was not that smart!

I have already played with the processor speed settings and came to the final conclusion that for my machine I'd leave it in Auto which is the default setting. It's smoking fast following what I do and give my processor a brake...

Click Start, Settings, System Tab, Power icon, finally, click Processor Tab... To me that's complicated... Getting old!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broz View Post
Do you guys feel there will be an app. for cold bore available for smart phones some day?

Sorry if this has been covered. I am just drawing a blank right now.

Jeff
The WM 7.0 was ready to come out when they upgraded to WM 8.0; so my understanding is the Patagonia decided to put it out for WM 8.0 Since it would not be that easy, who knows how long it'd take.

Old 01-17-2013, 12:00 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglet View Post
Having a back up is the best... Very nice. I have two spare X50Vs but I had... long story... I was not that smart!

I have already played with the processor speed settings and came to the final conclusion that for my machine I'd leave it in Auto which is the default setting. It's smoking fast following what I do and give my processor a brake...

Click Start, Settings, System Tab, Power icon, finally, click Processor Tab... To me that's complicated... Getting old!
Got it. Both of my Axims were also set on 'Auto' for processor speed, so I'll leave them there based on your experience.
I see what you are saying about hitting the power button to hold the Axim in standby mode, and I also do that. I thought you were meaning you powered the Axim completely down. I tried powering completely down and then the Axim had to power up from scratch. But hitting the Power button once does place mine in standby mode, which saves battery power, yet allows it to power up instantly in user mode again which another click on the power button. Thanks for you help Eaglet.