Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

Lawton Barrels

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2007, 04:45 PM
Bronze Member

Lawton Barrels

Does anyone have any experience with Lawton barrels?

How do they shoot or what do you thinks

Thanks
Old 04-13-2007, 05:04 PM
Gold Member

Re: Lawton Barrels

From the write up that was in PS magazine,I wouldnt be afraid to give them a go.
Old 04-13-2007, 05:32 PM
Platinum Member

[ QUOTE ]
From the write up that was in PS magazine,I wouldnt be afraid to give them a go.

[/ QUOTE ]

+1
Old 04-13-2007, 05:37 PM
Gold Member

I use a lot of their barrels, all are great shooters! Great guys to deal with. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Dave

"Let the good times roll"
Old 04-13-2007, 06:29 PM
Silver Member

WOW! I had a different experience. I was talked into a twist I didnt want after he told me KIRBY used it and it worked great! After talking to KIRBY, he said he hadnt even fitted one of his barrels. It took 2 months to get another barrel he told me would take two weeks to replace the wrong one with one that had the twist I had originally asked for. I have had problems with his actions and concentricity/trueness. I had to send one back and get another. He called and I had told him I was with my wife and she was on her way into surgery and he continued to talk buisness. I had to hang up on him and call back later to finish working out the details but he was trying to tell me I needed to deburr his action and he just deburred it and was sending it back. Oh NO you dont I want another one because I know how to inspect a part and it was .0025 out of true front to back on the bolt race. Anyways I will be spending MY money elsewhere and will do my best to convince my friends also.

Jason
Old 04-13-2007, 08:00 PM
Bronze Member

I have a couple Lawton barreled actions in several different calibers. I have dealt with Lawton for 6 years. They all "drive tacks" for me. Barney knows twist rates as well as anybody.

Why do you think Bill Sheehane, Bruce Baer, George Gardener and others use his products?

Please do not try and flame a ruputible, responsible maker without more specifics. I want to hear about the rifle, not the crisis about when they happen to call you. At least they called, and were trying to make things right and wanting to know your problems. I'm sure they had no idea of your situation at the time of this crisis.

Spend your money as you wish.
Old 04-13-2007, 08:24 PM
Platinum Member

Kirby, did a test between a BAT action and a Lawton Action. The test showed the Lawton actions are almost as good as the BAT. Hearing Kirby praise the Lawton Actions was good enough for me to try not only an Action, but also a barrel. I have heard really good things about his barrels from many shooters, so I would be very comfortable in telling you to buy one. I am really looking forward to trying out his Action and Barrel. My gunsmith is going to do a test on the Lawton Action and a Nesika as soon as I receive it.

I was originally going to use a Lawton Barrel on my 300-WSM project. However, I decided to use a Krieger for this project, and I am going to use the Lawton Barrel on another project. So, as soon as use the barrel, I will let everyone know how they work.

I will soon be able to report how the test goes between the Lawton and Nesika action. I have heard that the Lawton Actions are almost as good as BATS and are definently as good as the Nesikas, we will soon find out.

Wildcat