Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

knoxx for any rifle

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-05-2007, 10:14 PM
Bronze Member
knoxx for any rifle

Been doing some reading, and I researched the knoxx compstock system. Seems everyone who tries it loves it. Wow, a product that lives up to its advertising claims... Who knew!?!?

Anyhow, I have been since then, lamenting the fact that this system is only isnatalled in the hogue overmolded stocks... A good product to be sure, but not as versatile as I would like. Try stuffing a non standard foot print action, or bedding an action without bottom metal... You get the picture...

Then I was looking over their tech info pages. It seems the entire recoil reduction system contained in the stock is removeable as a self contained unit. At least from the shotgun version...

So long as the CUSTOMER, and not the GUNSMITH purchases the unit, and sends it along to the gunsmith, there should be no legal problems with any stockmaker installing this system "at customer request". This allows for a much more positive LOP, allong with custom toe out, cheekpeice, etc. all in your favorite stockmaker's already great product!

Have a decellerator put on the back for a bot of added softness, a decent muzzlebreak, and in the forearm one of those nifty little recoil reducers, and even the biggest lion of a chambering becomes a pussycat!