Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

Just checkin' in..

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2002, 09:39 PM

Re: Just checkin\' in..

Steve Shelp I did'nt know you hung out at this site, I look forward to seeing you in the spring at Hawks Ridge and in VA. also. See YA Buddy, Jeff Motley [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
Old 11-02-2002, 07:42 AM
Silver Member

Hey Jeff, I've been on the board sinse it started. I thought maybe that was you with the initials of JM shooting a 6.5-06AI in other catagories.

Thanks again for the primers last year in VA. [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

See you and hopefully Jake in February. I should have the NC schedule posted within the next week I hope.

Steve
Old 11-03-2002, 07:40 AM
Silver Member

..Hey Steve.. Is it correct that there's not any shooting at Hawks Ridge except for matches and a few other scheduled events.?? Just curious..
.. Also. Would some type of "just for fun" matches with portable equipment be of any interest to you fellas.?? I'm checking into the possibilities of putting something together down at the club in Richmond County.. JiNC
Old 11-04-2002, 10:07 AM
Silver Member

Jake,
Club members have the privledge of after hours shooting. The only except in on Sundays it is restricted to 1pm -6pm out of respect for church services and giving the neighbors a break.

Because the club is on a mans farm and the land isn't owned by the club, sometimes when Mike is trucking chickens in/out he will have to ask to you cease fire for awhile until the trucks are gone, and there's no way to know in adavance what day/hour this might happen.
But if you come to a match and see how things are run, go through the safety lecture from the Rangemaster, and pay your dues, your welcome to use the range at anytime.

As for "fun type shooting" hell yea. You'll see a lot of familiar faces from Hawks Ridge down at the Hickory egg shoot and last month the club has a fun shoot at water filled balloons. If you get something together let me know and post some signs at the club, and I'm sure you'll pick up some shooters for a variety of different types of shoots.

Talk with you later,
Steve

[ 11-04-2002: Message edited by: Steve Shelp ]
Old 11-04-2002, 10:45 AM
Silver Member

..Cool beans.. I had mentioned it to some before and there seemed to be a hitch with the "portable" aspect of it.. I guess having to purchase more gear just to goof around a little may be a bit much for some.. But I figger most 'hog hunters will already be setup for this.. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
.. Now if I can just come up with some interesting reactive targets..
.. I'd like to know more about the goings on at the range.. Email me if that's better.. JiNC
varminter@surry.net