Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

JLK bullets

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2008, 06:44 PM
Silver Member

JLK bullets

I did a search but came up with bugger all

It seems that these are similar to bergers, has anyone used them on game?
Old 11-20-2008, 06:48 PM
SPONSOR

Re: JLK bullets

The JLK VLD bullets are made with the same materials and are basically the same design as the Bergers. They should work very well on game for the same reasons the Bergers do.

Regards,
Eric

Berger Bullets
Old 11-20-2008, 06:51 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by petenz View Post

I haven't, but just got some 7mm 180's. They have a smoother transition from ogive to bearing surface than the Berger 180's I have.

On the Bergers you can feel the edge of the transition, where on the JLK's it is completely smooth.

However, to the eye, they are VERY similar. Virtually identical in length and all other dimensions.

Bill

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

http://waitesandbalances.blogspot.com/
Old 11-20-2008, 07:10 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by petenz View Post

Those 210's with the .665BC would likely do some good LR work. The 7mm 180 with a .735 as well. Have folks found these to be accurate BC numbers?

"And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God?" Thomas Jefferson - Notes on the State of Virginia

www.wildsidesystems.com - Shelter for Your WildSide - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYwgo...&feature=g-upl
Old 07-13-2009, 02:35 AM
Gold Member

tried a search as well with no results. Interested in these bullets. Any info would be great! like above anyone test the BC to see how accurate they are?
Savage Target Action 6mm-284
Savage Target Action 6.5x47 Lapua
Savage Predator Hunter Max1 6.5-284 Norma
"Gotta Kill It Before You Can Grill It"
Old 07-13-2009, 10:54 PM
SPONSOR

We use alot of the 6.5 130gr bullets from JLK. We have found their BC to be almost spot on. They are just a little different shaped than Bergers design, which I am sure why they have a little higher BC. I have some 7mm 180's on order to try in the 7mm WSM. If the BC is really that high, it should be even more of a hammer.
Old 07-14-2009, 12:54 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMR View Post
We use alot of the 6.5 130gr bullets from JLK. We have found their BC to be almost spot on. They are just a little different shaped than Bergers design, which I am sure why they have a little higher BC. I have some 7mm 180's on order to try in the 7mm WSM. If the BC is really that high, it should be even more of a hammer.
The Bergers and the JLK's shoot to the same point of aim in my WSM 7mm. Both are great bullets as far as I am concerned, but all I shoot is paper and coyotes, and they work great for both!

Bill

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

http://waitesandbalances.blogspot.com/