Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

Jewell triggers... what do I really get for the $200??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2012, 03:37 PM
Gold Member

Re: Jewell triggers... what do I really get for the $200??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikecr View Post
Kelby's actions were not big performers with Jewells, so he adjusted with his trigger for better performance -in Kelby actions. BAT actions on the other hand, are designed for Jewells.
Dont know about that, most of if not all the Kelbly Panda action's I saw at the benchrest match last weekend still wore a Jewell.
And yes my BAT did also, I think Kelbly is just trying to market their trigger saying it is better but alot of shooter's dont think so.
Old 05-12-2012, 07:35 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Jewell triggers... what do I really get for the $200??

Yeah uncleb, you may be right. My basis is only from some communication out there by Kelby.
The implication(that I took from it) was interference between a Jewell striker arm lock and firing pin sear(during forward movement), dragging a bit. This was causing inconsistent striking/lock time.
Kelby adjusted the design to provide more clearance, and reduce the variance in lock times.
While good, IMO, a problem solved only where a problem exists.
Neither Stiller, nor Bats, seem to hold such an issue with Jewells. But there are some using Kelbys trigger with them, and happy enough. That's good to read. The more trigger choices, the better.