Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

iPhone 4s Ballistic Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2011, 11:04 PM
Platinum Member

iPhone 4s Ballistic Software

App Store - Ballistic: Field Tactical Edition

Shooter (Ballistics Calculator) for iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation) and iPad on the iTunes App Store

Any one have any pros or cons with either program and which one would you recommend?

Thank you

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...4-build-83765/ - Build Thread

http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...-284-a-124876/ - Gun Pictures
Old 11-17-2011, 01:15 AM
Official LRH Spponsor

Re: iPhone 4s Ballistic Software

I have Bulletflight, shooter, and FTE, I never use FTE. Dont like it. Bulletflight is the one I always use, and the most user friendly. They all spit out the same results. Shooter is a really good one too on my Droid.
Old 11-17-2011, 02:24 AM
Gold Member

I use fte because of the denalt feature. The one C.O. posted (shooter) seems to have the best of both worlds. I'll be adding it soon to try it out.
Old 11-17-2011, 06:32 AM
Silver Member

I have both Ballistic and BulletFlight L2. I only use BulletFlight L2.

http://knightarmco.com/bulletflight/

I have 12 rifle/cartridge combinations stored it it. When I head out hunting, all I have to do is select the rifle/cartridge of the day and I'm good to go with all the data about the combination pre-entered during a range session. When I get to where I'm going to set up, I range some likely points, calculate a range table that makes sense for where I'm sitting, and I'm good to go.

It takes a couple of seconds to press the wakeup button, flip the virtual switch, and there is the data on scope clicks and windage I need to make the shot.

I dialed and hit several head shots on ground hogs using it this last summer.

I highly recommend BulletFlight L2. It has everything I need and nothing I don't need. It's twelve bux or something like that. Heck of a deal. I didn't get BulletFlight M (the military version) because I didn't need the extra features.

Fitch
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." R. Feynman. (Last sentence of the Feynman appendix to the Space Shuttle Challenger Report.)
Old 11-17-2011, 07:03 AM
Platinum Member

This is my second season using Ballistic FTE. I have had excellent success using this program in the field. It's fast, flexible, precise, and the environmental conditions can be optimized very quickly if needed.

"Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready"-T. Roosevelt
Old 11-17-2011, 12:09 PM
Platinum Member

So the FTE takes the conditions off of your phones settings? My thought is it worth the 10$ extra dollars?

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...4-build-83765/ - Build Thread

http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...-284-a-124876/ - Gun Pictures
Old 11-17-2011, 12:26 PM
Platinum Member

[QUOTE=C.O. Shooter;569128]So the FTE takes the conditions off of your phones settings? My thought is it worth the 10$ extra

There is a provision for FTE to update local temperature and pressure conditions automatically by pushing a button on the screen, or you can input them manually. I think it is well worth the extra $$$. It has a lot of additional capabilities, and is frequently updated when new loads and bullets are introduced. I have never had a failure or run into any software glitches. I work with about 20 different loads.

"Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready"-T. Roosevelt