Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics

Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics Applied Ballistics

Introducing Cutting Edge Bullet's new LAZER high BC copper hunting bullet

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2013, 08:51 AM
Field Editor

Introducing Cutting Edge Bullet's new LAZER high BC copper hunting bullet

Introducing Cutting Edge Bullet's new LAZER high BC copper hunting bullet-lazer-1.jpg
Imagine the benefits in the field, of a hunting bullet which can expand as effectively at 1,700 fps as it does at 2,700 fps. This premium hunting bullet is engineered to combine the high BC values of our MTH- Match, Tactical, Hunting line, with the devastating expansion of the Raptor™ Series.
Introducing Cutting Edge Bullet's new LAZER high BC copper hunting bullet-lazer-2.jpg
.338 caliber, 250 grain LAZER™ - Expansion at less than 1,700 fps into water

The new LAZER™ is a tipped, sleek, smooth bodied copper version of our field-proven brass Raptor™ bullets. Incorporating our patented SealTite Band™ (STB™) for a perfect seal in your barrel, the body is of a bore rider design. As such, with only the narrow STB™ ever contacting the bottom of the barrel grooves, friction is greatly reduced, with fouling virtually non-existent.

The three blade design of the tipped hollow cavity, operates on the hydraulic pressure caused when impacting flesh- as muscle contains 70 ~ 75% water. Testing in water or ballistic gel (not wood or dirt/sand/gravel) has resulted in expansion as pictured, down to below 1,700 fps. The three blades most often make it to the far side of the chest on a broadside shot, while the Blunt Trauma Base™ (BTB™) continues on for almost certain complete penetration.

On a harder, quartering shot, you won’t have to hope that a frangible bullet will make it to the vitals- rest assured the Blunt Trauma Base™ will- and most often also provide an exit wound. Devastating and humane, down to below 1,700 fps, the LAZER™ will give you the confidence to take those longer shots, should the opportunity arise in the field at a trophy of a lifetime.
Introducing Cutting Edge Bullet's new LAZER high BC copper hunting bullet-lazer-4.jpg
Introducing Cutting Edge Bullet's new LAZER high BC copper hunting bullet-lazer-3.jpg
.338 caliber LAZER™ Line - 225, 250, 275 and 300 grain

See the contest rules down below.

Last edited by Andy Backus; 08-05-2013 at 02:42 PM.
Old 08-05-2013, 03:44 PM
Silver Member

Re: Introducing Cutting Edge Bullet's new LAZER high BC copper hunting bullet

Those look nice!
What sort of expansion/fragmentation do I have to expect at 1700fps? Do the petals still shear of[f] like in the picture?

Last edited by Beng; 08-05-2013 at 03:45 PM. Reason: orthography
Old 08-05-2013, 09:34 PM
Platinum Member

Well Outlaw, I guess the cat is outa da bag

You will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you make good use of it.
~ John Quincy Adams
Old 08-05-2013, 10:26 PM
Platinum Member

Now at the low, low price of $250/100..... I couldnt help myself.

I'm 16
"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth."
~George Washington

"The only advantage a light rifle has is weight, all other advantages go to the heavy rifle."
~ JE Custom

Biggest fail of 2014 so far... http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...ea-ftf-128972/

My guess on W3P .308 230 Grain Bullet: G1 .740-.755
Old 08-05-2013, 10:28 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beng View Post
Those look nice!
What sort of expansion/fragmentation do I have to expect at 1700fps? Do the petals still shear of[f] like in the picture?
I have some pictures of 1700 fps impacts and the petals are blown of. The tip makes me feel better, I do like the idea of fragmentation vs near 100% retention.

"Pain is weakness leaving your body"
Old 08-05-2013, 10:34 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnesuser28 View Post
Now at the low, low price of $250/100..... I couldnt help myself.
Lathe turned bullets with inserted tips don't come cheap

You will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you make good use of it.
~ John Quincy Adams
Old 08-05-2013, 10:46 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaRifleman View Post
Lathe turned bullets with inserted tips don't come cheap
I know, any mono bullet is pretty expensive, i am sure they will work very well, just out of the price range for a majority of shooters. But i know these arent for the majority of shooters either... Its all a trade off.

I'm 16
"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth."
~George Washington

"The only advantage a light rifle has is weight, all other advantages go to the heavy rifle."
~ JE Custom

Biggest fail of 2014 so far... http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...ea-ftf-128972/

My guess on W3P .308 230 Grain Bullet: G1 .740-.755