Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

Interesting video if you have 10 min to waste

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2012, 04:45 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

Interesting video if you have 10 min to waste

This does not have much to do with LRH but I started watching it and could not stop watching......

Allen Precision Shooting
Home of the Allen Magnum, Allen Xpress and Allen Tactical Wildcats and the Painkiller Muzzle brakes.

Farther, Faster and Flatter then ever before.

Web Page: www.apsrifles.com

allenmagnum@gmail.com
Old 03-25-2012, 05:05 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Interesting video if you have 10 min to waste

Mesmerizing.
Old 03-25-2012, 05:09 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

It would be interesting to know what bullets were made out of(mostly pure lead I am sure) and what media they were being fired into.

It is hard not to watch!!! Not sure why but had to watch the entire thing.

Allen Precision Shooting
Home of the Allen Magnum, Allen Xpress and Allen Tactical Wildcats and the Painkiller Muzzle brakes.

allenmagnum@gmail.com
Old 03-25-2012, 05:44 PM
Platinum Member

1 million fps video slow mo bullet impact video
Old 03-25-2012, 06:54 PM
Platinum Member

I know the ones that have the tip on the back of the bullet are RWS bullets. Have a feeling some of those were scenars, and one of them looks like an SMK. My question is what is dropping on the bullets when it gets hit w/ what looks like a water drop that deforms the bullet.
Matthew 7:13-14
"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. [14] But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

If you find your self in a fair fight, your tactics suck!- Marine 1st Sergeant Jim Ryfinger

Friends don't let friends develop canonitis!-chucknbach

arguing over the internet is like the special Olympics....even if you win, you are still...special!
Old 03-25-2012, 07:14 PM
Platinum Member

+1 Tank,
Looked like drips, or molten pellets or BB's or something whackin those pistol bullets. I was watching the video, & the race @ Fontana, & being daddy to a 1 yr old in diapers, a 4 yr old who's sick today, & a hyperactive 6 yr old, so needless to say I never completed the video even after 4 attempts....
But I did enjoy the bit that I did see, & was very curious about those "drops" & how they timed that!!??
Cool video Kirby.
Well at least the part I got to see anyway

"I have No idea why that cop made me ride in the back seat, when I Clearly called Shotgun!"
Old 03-25-2012, 08:56 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

I would guess those "drops" were shotgun pellets that were fired into the path of the bullets and the camera just picked up the ones that HAPPENED to contact the bullet.

Not sure a novice is quite up to shooting a bullet with another bullet that often!!! LOL Course, there are much better shots out there then me no doubt!!

Hell, women say us guys can not multi task, damn friend, your pulling several of us up with your performance today, congrats and keep it up, makes some of us look bad though. LOL You need a beer or at least a foot rubbin tonight from the other half!!!

Allen Precision Shooting

allenmagnum@gmail.com