Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics

Interesting info about Berger Bullets.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2006, 09:44 AM
Platinum Member

Interesting info about Berger Bullets.

I was nosing around the Berger Bullets website. I noticed that they actually recommend their VLD bullets for hunting and to boot they offer a free dvd with info pertaining to this.
Well they sent me the dvd and to my surprise they had tons of game kills on it and at 1000+ yards ranges. What the best of the west people do not tell you on their first dvd is that that is all they use on their long shots. Pretty nice dvd of long and fairly short range shots. Most kills are made with 168 7mm vld 7mm rem mag and STW ang some with 300 mag with the 168 vld, and some others. Order it , it is free and enjoy.
Old 12-23-2006, 09:48 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Interesting info about Berger Bullets.

POP,
I enjoyed that dvd also, matter of fact I took the deer picture on its cover.
Old 12-23-2006, 11:07 AM
Silver Member

POP this may be a dumb question, but I cannot find on Berger's site where to get the free DVD. Any help or a link would be much appriciated.

Thanks,

Dan
Old 12-23-2006, 11:12 AM
Platinum Member

"You owe it to yourself to see how accurate and deadly the Berger VLD will be on your next hunt. Call 714-447-5456 to request video proof of these results in the field."

"And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God?" Thomas Jefferson - Notes on the State of Virginia

www.wildsidesystems.com - Shelter for Your WildSide - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYwgo...&feature=g-upl
Old 12-23-2006, 11:36 AM
Platinum Member

I looked on Berger's web site but did not see any reference to the video. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Do you have a link?
Old 12-23-2006, 12:49 PM
Platinum Member

All I did was e-mail them and asked them for it.
But go to www.bergerbullets.com ...them click on tech info...then read the "hunting bullets" blurp.
It reads:
<font color="red"> The MATCH VLD bullets are proving to be the most lethal big game hunting bullet available. The VLD design incorporates a sharp nose that allows the bullet to penetrate up to 3 inches before it starts to expand. This delayed expansion results in a wound channel that is deep inside the vital area of any big game. After the bullet starts to expand it will shed 80% to 90% of its weight into the surrounding tissue traveling as deep as 18 inches. This results in a massive wound cavity that creates the greatest possible amount of tissue damage and hemraging. This massive and extensive wound cavity result in the animal dropping fast. Our bullets don't poke through like an arrow but instead expend all of their energy right where it is most effective, inside the animal. Bullets that poke through so that they can cause a blood trail result in a hunter tracking a wounded animal. Using the Berger VLD will result in an animal that goes down fast so you can enjoy the results of your hunt without having to track the wounded animal after the shot. You owe it to yourself to see how accurate and deadly the Berger VLD will be on your next hunt. Call 714-447-5456 to request video proof of these results in the field.

Boat Tail Bullets</font>

Also this is interesting.
http://www.thehighroad.org/showthrea...ghlight=berger
Old 12-23-2006, 02:01 PM
Platinum Member

Give em a try POP! Ha ha. They sent me the DVD a couple months ago when I called and was asking them questions about using there 7mm 168g VLD for hunting out of my 7 RM. They assured me it was more then suitable for deer and elk at the ranges I wanted to use it. They also sent me a free Berger hat as well!